Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPR 2014 Registration - Incoming deadlines - Jan. 3 postmarked, Jan. 22 received

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPR 2014 Registration - Incoming deadlines - Jan. 3 postmarked, Jan. 22 received

Welcome to the 2014 Sprite Proxy Race registration page.

If you've reviewed the 2014 Rules & Regulations thread and would like to enter, this is the pace to sign up. We'd like to know what category you'd like to enter and a preferred car number.

We are reserving spots for a few days in the SPR for SCI members who entered last year and have expressed interest to join in again. If I am tracking this correctly, we have the following likely participants in reserved spots:

SPX (modified):

1 > VTECFOUR #8. ......

2 > RetroRacer #44. .....
    3 > Brain #63. ......
    4 > JT #39. .....
    5 > MNewns #13. .....
    6 > Phil #TBD. .....
    7 > charlesx #9.
    8 > BeastLee #666. .....
    9 > Alexis in Greece #4. .....
    10 > Black3sr #71 .....

Pending:

HP (stock):

1 > Pete Shepherd #2. .....
    2 > Alexis in Greece #23. .....
    3 > JT #98. .....
    4 > Doubl-B #7. .....
    5 > RetroRacer #45. .....
    6 > MNewns #33. .....
    7 > dansula .....
    8 > Phil #TBD
    9 > charlesx #5.
    10 > Bob Methe #15
    11 >Black3sr #71 .....

Pending:
    -- Newso #47.
    -- Fusiler55 #6.

Note: > symbol before your name means you have reserved your spot! We are determining when entry fee will be due to confirm your registration.

Please join us. We are planning for about 12 cars in each category, but if the love of Sprites is strong, we may bump up that quota!

Registration payments due in by November 29, 2013. $25 per car, or $35 for one car in SPX and one in HP, $5 additional per car if entering from outside of US or Canada.

JT and VTECFOUR
    Last edited by VTECFOUR; 12-23-2013, 09:16 AM. Reason: Notice of deadlines for sent entries

I'm interested in this, I'm just trying to decide which category... I'd like #666 though...

Comment

I will enter both classes HP #23 and SPX # 4 please

Comment

A Hearse in SPR?

Hey Beast, this isn't SLOP, you can't change a Sprite into a hearse. Oops, I shouldn't have said that, now he will try, but it would only be allowed in SPX class, and keep the frog face. Sort of like the "Bread Van" Ferrari? I'll also bet it will be black, with that number.

Comment

I would like to enter both class's if there is room.

Numbers are no problem for me,happy to go with any thing left.
          Both bodies will be Tassie Resins taken off an Airfix kit I have here.
          Last edited by Phil Kalbfell; 09-27-2013, 12:50 AM.

Comment

I am interested in entering both using #71 if there is room.

Comment

New entrants

Welcome BeastLee, Phil and Black3sr - thanks for checking in. We'll get you up on the entry board, might be tomorrow, a busy day and evening ahead.

Alexis - welcome back!

JT

Comment

I'd like to enter my Sprite in the stock class, #15 please!

Comment

Originally posted by retro racer 44 View Post
                  Hey Beast, this isn't SLOP, you can't change a Sprite into a hearse. Oops, I shouldn't have said that, now he will try, but it would only be allowed in SPX class, and keep the frog face. Sort of like the "Bread Van" Ferrari? I'll also bet it will be black, with that number.

Hahaha... SPX Class it is... Am I really that transparent...?

My apologies for the horrible quick rendering, and yes it would be black...

Comment

One Sprite Hearse Coming Up

Aw, yes, I knew you could do it. And you even have the Canadian flag on it.

Comment

Thanks to encouragement from Munter, NZ and Phil in Tassie I would like to enter both classes. Have the bodies already.

Really happy with any numbers but looking at those above 5 for HP and 9 for SPX would be good if still available. Looks like HP is already over 12 cars so hopefully you can extend.

Regards

Chas Le Breton
                      New Zealand
                      Last edited by charlesx; 09-27-2013, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Hey Charles,

With references like Munter and Phil, we'll have to keep an eye on your entry !

Welcome aboard, we'll try and get you those numbers.

Beast Lee,

I'm lovin the breadvan mini, we'd love to see that in SPx (right Dan??? ). Since the Kamm back was essentially an aerodynamic feature, we are going to consider it a "wing." I'm a sucker for the fringes of the automotive world, always loved the Maser 151/3 too.

JT

Comment

Chas, you're down for the requested class numbers. There are entry drop-offs from the above list, so no problem fitting in the 12 HP and 12 SPx limit which is discretionary anyways.

So far, the response is good with 10 intended HP and 9 in SPx.

It's looking good for another fun proxy.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by JT Previa View Post
                            Beast Lee,

I'm lovin the breadvan mini, we'd love to see that in SPx (right Dan??? ). Since the Kamm back was essentially an aerodynamic feature, we are going to consider it a "wing." I'm a sucker for the fringes of the automotive world, always loved the Maser 151/3 too.

JT
                            Now the hunt for a trashed Bugeye to chop up...

P.S. - On a side note, I'd like to offer all entries a Sprite Proxy Race Participants sticker like I supply to the SLOP series...

Comment

Thanks JT. Sounds like I have some work to do.

Ta for the advice on clearance etc. I will probably take the safe option (say 1mm) and build from there. Always look to develop over several years so you have at least given me a starting point.

Really enjoying getting back into this side of our great hobby/sport as I was very strong in this area back in the early 1960's. Even had an Airfix based Sprite. Must see if I can find a photo.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Comment

Working...
                              X