No announcement yet.

The Chicago 24 Rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sent SlotCarCorner a PM and asked him to let us know how he's making the tires up.

- Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by cyirock View Post
      I have a question. Since the tires will be glued to the rims and the the set crew is near the center rib of the wheel, will the tire not be glued near the area of the set screw or will a hole be made in the tire for access to the set screw?
      Yes, a hole will be made in the tire. There's a small dimple on the wheel so it's pretty easy to find the hole when in a hurry.

Christian

Comment

• Access to Set Screw

I have a question. Since the tires will be glued to the rims and the the set crew is near the center rib of the wheel, will the tire not be glued near the area of the set screw or will a hole be made in the tire for access to the set screw?
        For the handout wheels/tires, the set screws are inserted into the wheel before the tire is placed onto the wheel and glued. A small access hole is then made (using a small, sharp pointed object such as a toothpick or using a very small drill bit inserted into a pin vise) to allow a hex wrench to access the set screw. The hole is easily located by the small "dimple" on the inside (and outside) of the wheel that denotes the set screw location. The handout wheels/tires are glued, profile, trued and have the access holes already in place. Just insert your hex wrench through the access hole in the tire and you can easily tighten/loosen the set screw.

Comment

• Thanks for the quick response. Can't wait to see some killer cars....

Rich

Comment

• Will there be extra sets of tires if needed? We have gone through sets in past races. Also will spare motors be avalable if needed?

Comment

• We'll have spare motors. I imagine SlotCarCorner will bring spare tires and wheels but will ask him to reply to that question.

- Jeff

Comment

• Availability of Spare Wheels/Tires

Will there be extra sets of tires if needed? We have gone through sets in past races.
                Yes. However, the spec silicone Super Tires generally wear like iron so it's unlikely they'll wear out. More likely is a damaged wheel/tire as a result of a crash.

Comment

• All of the tires have been run in and tested. A few of the spare sets have run a few races in order to see if the glue holds up. I have one set that has run a few endurance races and the tires look great. Steve and I ran on a commercial track this past weekend with cars set up for these rules and the tires worked well.

Comment

• Thank you guys for supplying the wheel/tires. I trued a pair of the spec tires and it took me longer than I care to talk about. I feel bad for your Hudy tire truers LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark View Post
                      Thank you guys for supplying the wheel/tires. I trued a pair of the spec tires and it took me longer than I care to talk about. I feel bad for your Hudy tire truers LOL.
                      It's pretty easy: Set the voltage to 12 volts, set the Hudy up to barley make contact with the drum, turn on and walk away. Come back 10 minutes later, clean the drum and the tires, reset the depth, turn on and walk away. 42 hours and 28 tires later.......... the bearings on your Hudy need replacing.

Comment

• It might be easy, but it takes a lot of time and attention -- thanks for doing that work!

Comment

Working...
                        X