Snow or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow or not?

I know the weather will be pretty good this coming weekend in Chicago and also relatively warm for this time of the year. But is there still snow on the ground? Do we need winter boots to come and go or sneakers are OK to walk outside?

There are still piles of snow in some parking lots, but it's clear for the most part. You're worried about packing?

Comment

It's bright and sunny outside in Milwaukee. While you won't need to wade through snow on sidewalks and parking lots, there was quite a bit of slippery ice in the parking lot outside my office. I expect less ice in Chicago this weekend. I'm bringing grippy walking shoes and sneakers.

- Jeff

Comment

I've glued a ton of Ortmann's to the bottom of one shoe, and a ton of Supertires to the bottom of the other. When I walk when it's slippery out, I slowly turn in one direction -- but I'm not telling you which way.

Comment

Thanks for the info. As we're travelling by plane, we're trying to cut down on packing. If we can avoid a pair of shoes, great!

Comment

I used to have a rule when flying...if it didn't fit in my carry on luggage, it didn't go. Then I got married.

Comment

I just got to the hotel... very nice weather here. Sunny and pretty warm about 40degrees....

Comment

Hard!! Hurrry!!!

Originally posted by ElSecundo View Post
                I've glued a ton of Ortmann's to the bottom of one shoe, and a ton of Supertires to the bottom of the other. When I walk when it's slippery out, I slowly turn in one direction -- but I'm not telling you which way.
                You could always take up curling...

Comment

I remember I think it was an episode of Seinfeld where Kramer(?) wore many layers of clothes before boarding the plane, so he could get by with just carry on. Though with the current 'if the armrest doesn't go down, you don't fly without buying a second seat' rule, that probably won't work any more.

Comment

Working...
                  X