Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 U13 Challenge - Registration - cars sent by Jan. 3/15 for arrival by Jan. 22/15

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JT - Jeremy5 is the Proprietor of Hazzard Raceway.

BB

Comment

Jeremy (and Bb) - adding you to the U class waiting list! Thanks for your interest and for hosting the SPR previously - and likely the U13 in future,

JT

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Build Your Cars!

This is a suggestion to any contestants who either gave up a class for someone, or who are on the reserve list. BUILD YOUR CARS!

From my short experience with proxies, there are always a few registrants for whom life gets in the way and they fail to make the cut. If you have your car finished, you can jump right in.

If it doesn't happen, you still have a neat little buzz bomb that you can play with, and can make sure to be one of the first to register next year.

Comment

Hi, Just spotted the proxy...can I have the honor of being put on the alternate list for stock class? A Spitfire would be my entrant!

Don M

Comment

Don (aka MRolling Thunder),

You are officially added to the U13 class (stock) alternate list. Thanks for your interest!

(What, not a Capri! According to Wikipaedia, there were 1288 cc Capri's - but the body's gotta be too big.)

JT
              Last edited by JT Previa; 07-27-2014, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Previa View Post
                Don (aka MRolling Thunder),

You are officially added to the U13 class (stock) alternate list. Thanks for your interest!

(What, not a Capri! According to Wikipaedia, there were 1288 cc Capri's - but the body's gotta be too big.)

JT
                LOL! There have been almost as many Spitfires in the driveway as Capris! I'm glad you guys are getting this series running...I tried to get a similar series going but it just didn't come together.

Don M

Comment

I have had a family medical situation that requires me to be a 24 hour caregiver for the for a long period of time. I have my U-13 car almost finished, and the UX started, but I will not be able to get to a track to test either of them. I had to break down the existing track and I will be spending all of my time rearranging the house and doing projects to make it more accessible for a wheelchair. (Rebuilding bathroom, moving a bedroom into the office area where the track was located, installing grab rails everywhere and installing ramps) Hopefully the next alternates still have time to prepare their cars and enjoy the race.

I was really looking forward to this proxy, but I would not be able to put forth a full effort right now. I was going to finish the S600 and enter it, but I will not be able to tune it without access to a track. The nearest track is half an hour from here and I am having trouble getting a sitter who can handle my Mother long enough for me to dash out to the store, let alone go play with slot cars.

At some point, I will rebuild my track, either in the basement or on the second floor. Right now, I can't leave the first floor long enough to deal with laundry and the like. For now, I will concentrate on hobbies that I can do in the living room while I am watching her directly. In the future, I will be able to use a monitor and work around the house and later on, as she gains some independence, I will be able to get back to normal again.

I really wanted to participate in this and watch one of my cars run several different tracks, but this is a much higher priority right now. Hopefully, I can participate in next year's event and my car will meet the rules for 2016 without too much tweaking. Have a great race everybody and I will be watching the results and cheering everybody on!

Dave

p.s. Let's all check our blood pressures and watch ourselves a bit. Having seen how devastating strokes can be, I don't want to see any of us have one. A little bit of care can go a long way.

Comment

Dave,

Sorry to hear about your family illness. Elder care is or has been a responsibility for many of us. Hope your mother recovers well enough for some degree of quality of life.

Take care and we'll see you in 2016.

Dan

Comment

Dave,

I must second Dan's sentiments and wish you well with your mother's care. My family has had to deal with sudden illness and ongoing elder care recently and can appreciate the effort involved.

Your warning about personal wellness is timely, many of us struggle to find the time to take the best care of our health. We just published an article in our company newsletter about Stroke Warning Signs that included this link:

http://strokeassociation.org/STROKEO...ubHomePage.jsp

JT

Comment

Registration list updated with NTZ taking DManley's spot in Ux class.

Waiting to hear from Jeremy5 about the opening in U.

Dan

Comment

Hi Dan;

It is looking like my cars will be the two Munter Alfas. You can pencil that in and I will let you know if I change my mind. There is still the possibility of a Sprite or Mini, but I think once finished the Alfas will be better.

If you are here before the cars have to go east, we can send yours and mine and Don's all together to save postage, eh?

Cheers!

Comment

Hi Keith,

"Likely Alfa" penciled in for you.

Will be in Van before Halloween, so a group mailing works for me.

See you soon.

Dan

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your concern about my Mother. She is actually recovering well, and is working hard at physical therapy. She should return to most of her former activities, but she will be a little slower on her feet. We will keep her on the walker instead of a cane for now, as she can be safer and a bit more independent with the little bit of extra support the walker provides. She is starting to knit again, but the hand is a little weak. (The therapists like the knitting as it forces her to work on the fine motor skills with the hand.)

I will be watching this event and someday, I will dig out my entry and finish it. Even if I build it for fun, I want to get it running. Hopefully I can do this next year.

Thanks again for all of your concern,
                              Dave

Comment

Jeremy's confirmed that he's taking Dave's vacated U class spot.

Thanks Dave for giving us notice and good to hear that your mother is recovering well.

See you in 2016.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X