No announcement yet.

2011 world challenge touring car and gt class rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats pretty much wat I thought to, although the 350Z has run SCCA T1 or T2. I am not even sure there is a VTS sheet for the 350Z in the WC rules. My guess is because the original car just did not make the power it would need and Nissan doesnt seem to care much about motorsports, no one bothered to run the car. If anyone can find the VTS and where maybe a club racer or two ran it I will allow it. The do LOOK like they belong, but since again, they were a little underpowered they never made the show

I will also consider just allowing it, because again, it fit the "intent" of the series, just no one was ever motivated enough to run one. I guess.

Comment

Ok a little further digging into the 350Z mystery-

AF owner Igor S was building a team of at least 2 350Z's to compete in the 2003 WCGT, but instead bought and campaigned a Skyline GT-R.Nissan sort of jacked him over as well by pulling support of PD Cunningham's Sentra SE-R in Touring that year and basically the only professional series they "supported" was the Indy car series where they sold engines and the Grand-Am series. Igor did go as far as actually getting a VTS started but since it appears no one ever actually finished a car, it never made it past the proposal stage. So even though this car does belong here, its sort of the unloved *******.

Comment

Thanks for investing time in research... Let me know the official call...

Comment

am I able to enter this proxy ?

Comment

Sure!

Comment

does the Ford Gt (new one) allowed in the gt class ?

Comment

Im sorry, no, it is not. The approved car list is in the rules and only those cars may be entered.

Cheers!
                Don

Comment

Are SCX Pro chassis legal in the GT class?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Hello,

Could i enter a SCX Honda Accord in the touring clas,
                      i seen it on the list but am not sure if there is still room.

Cheers,
                      Jaak

Comment

At this time, I am staill accepting entries. However, much over 20 cars in a class and it becomes a long day to host a race, so this will come into consideration very soon.

The Honda Accord is legal and a great car, I have one myself and it runs very well!

Comment

Gear clearance

Are gears allowed to be lower than 1.6mm? At this point I have a car I could use, unfortunately the gear clearance is approx 1.45mm.

Well, can I race this car? Rear spoiler is gone.

Comment

Offhand I am going to say that the gear would be fine (I believe most gears are going to be lower that the chassis's lowest point, but the deciding factor is if the gear is so low it rubs the track. Inthat case a change has to be made, either by swapping the gear or by using taller tires/wheels to get the clearance needed.

I would really prefer all cars start the series with thier wings intact. If you simply cannot find a replacement or repair the one you have, I will consider an exception

Cheers!
                            Don

Comment

Wheel size

Little confused here:

m) Minimum wheel size is nominal 15mm diameter over center-rib, or a scale 16" (.500") diameter over visible part of rim with tire mounted (simulating a nominal 15" wheel), unless actual car raced with smaller wheels. Slot.It F1 wheels are not allowed, unless the actual car raced with 13"-14" nominal diameter rims.]
                              Are the hubs supposed to be 15mm diameter? Right now my car's rear wheel diameter is 20mm but the hub is 12.9mm (13mm) -- the originals hubs were 14mm.

Comment

Nothing confusing about it. The wheel hubs must be 15mm. This is measured at the "rim" of the wheel that shows, not the rib(s) used to hold the tire in place. All Touring car classes I know of require 17" or larger wheels, with the exception of the SpeedVision World Challenge Touring Car series, which allowed the use of 15" wheels until 2003 or 4. Had the SWCTC series not allowed the 15" wheels that late, I would have mandated 17" scale wheels.
                                I see you are using the Ninco 997, I will measure the wheels I have here and see what they were stock, but I believe they are larger than 14mm.
                                Last edited by DWalker; 12-19-2010, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X