Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The originals are 14.87mm.

Still...
    • m) Minimum wheel size is nominal 15mm diameter over center-rib, or a scale 16" (.500") diameter over visible part of rim with tire mounted (simulating a nominal 15" wheel), unless actual car raced with smaller wheels. Slot.It F1 wheels are not allowed, unless the actual car raced with 13"-14" nominal diameter rims.]
    .500" = 12.70mm -- a bit confusing.
    Last edited by Autorama; 12-20-2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Anyway,
      I already bought some 15mm wheels but someone might want to fix the discrepancy on the rules about the diameter of the wheels. .5 inches is way to small to look like scale.

Comment

Quote from rules:
        p) Tires may be of any material, but must be black. Clear finish may be applied to front tire tread area. No chemical treatment (such as oil soaking) is permitted.

Is my interpretation of the above clause that slicone or foam tires are permitted correct?

Comment

Originally posted by alexis in greece View Post
          Quote from rules:
          p) Tires may be of any material, but must be black. Clear finish may be applied to front tire tread area. No chemical treatment (such as oil soaking) is permitted.

Is my interpretation of the above clause that slicone or foam tires are permitted correct?
          Alexis,

You are correct although, w/o any treatment on the tires or the tracks, the foam probably wouldn't do very well. Seems most of the top finisher's, in last years series, used "Super Tires" which are silicone!

David

Comment

Thanks David , i've experimented with home made foam fronts in the past and they seem way better than zero grip and/or nail polish coated rubber

Comment

Postage & Payment info

G'day, can't seem to find payment and postage info, could someone help please.
              Cheers

Comment

OK, I'm going online with my ignorance, big surprise I know, but here is my question:
                Touring class lists
                BMW E 36/46 3 Series, 2 or 4 door
                and GT class lists
                BMW M3 GTR

I have this car

Now the big question, which class is it legal for?

Thanks
                Rico

Comment

Rico,

I believe that car is legal for BOTH classes!

David

Comment

hi guys reading through the rule im guessing that 24k is the limit for touring class? im using a nsr 21,5k.. also is it me or the motor feels alot quicker than there 25k?? im just testing my nsr gt3 against my 406 pug and surprisingly on my twisty scaley sports track the touring car is beating da gt ??? lol by 0.2 secs on averege not good da mad thing im running trued s2 on the pug but glued trued super tires on the gt3 abit at the mo....

Comment

• mrtiggz,

Yes, 24k is the limit in the touring class but, its a moot point as it's looking like there will be no 2011 series as all the guys that were in the 2010 series are still waiting to get their cars back...

Your comment about the Pug being faster than the NSR Porsche is interesting as, I also purchased that car w/ the thoughts of running it in the GT class and have had trouble getting it to run as fast as the top Touring cars ran last year. It's a great car, and my first NSR, but I can't quite seem to get it to run the times that the top 3 or 4 cars ran on my track when I hosted....

David

Originally posted by mrtiggz View Post
                      hi guys reading through the rule im guessing that 24k is the limit for touring class? im using a nsr 21,5k.. also is it me or the motor feels alot quicker than there 25k?? im just testing my nsr gt3 against my 406 pug and surprisingly on my twisty scaley sports track the touring car is beating da gt ??? lol by 0.2 secs on averege not good da mad thing im running trued s2 on the pug but glued trued super tires on the gt3 abit at the mo....

Comment

• dude im lost with that nsr my self ive now got it runnig at par with the pug but the pug still can push quicker times im now switching my track around too a more fast and flowing too see if it bennefits more there but at the moo no luck either ill post you too see how my progress is going.... its a shame if its not going too happen it my first time entering a proxy touring event ive been watching you guys for a few years now and alway wishesed too joint let alone compete and now that i have joined and can compete it looks like a no .... shame but i just hope every one get there cars back that the important thing.. i can just wait till next year gives me more time too get this porsche up too speed lol
                        on another though quick question has anyone ever tried too make a test car too run against there racer and found out on accident that they made a car faster than the one there putting into compition??

Comment

• NSR Porsche

I have been fooling with these Porsches since they first came out. I have tried just about every optional piece that NSR makes,and one my track I have the NSR Porsche running faster than ANY car I own (with one exception-NSR C6R Corvette). We had a race this past weekend @ my track and there were a few guys running NSR Moslers-and even the Moslers couldn't keep pace with the NSR C6R. Be glad to share my set-ups if you're interested?

Comment

• Doug,

Please...please, share! I know you have a bunch of these and have a local series...

Thanks,

David

Originally posted by Racerdoug View Post
                            I have been fooling with these Porsches since they first came out. I have tried just about every optional piece that NSR makes,and one my track I have the NSR Porsche running faster than ANY car I own (with one exception-NSR C6R Corvette). We had a race this past weekend @ my track and there were a few guys running NSR Moslers-and even the Moslers couldn't keep pace with the NSR C6R. Be glad to share my set-ups if you're interested?

Comment

• PLEASE SHARE! ive now got it runnig faster than too off my moserlys but then cars ares wierd i have all three different setupsand ive noticed when one is slow the other is dumb qiuck.like now ive set up my trackfor speed and flowing and the inline setup for them cars are devestatingly quick! in fact too give you an example my fastest time set on this track was my raw slot it audi at 3.3 secs a good non mag are running in the early 4's and late 3's my moserly knocked out a 3.0 dead! where theover 2 s/w and a/w could only manage 3.8 and 3.7 on comparison the nsr porsche was banging out 3.6/3.5 so yea i can get it faster than a moserly no probs but it depends on the track type.. i need too buy a corvette too see for my self too but reading your post racerduog i can see NSR done the impossible then and beaten there monster.. nice

Comment

• quick question is there a minimum weight it these classes?? i was looking all over but couldnt see it?

Comment

Working...
                                X