Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2011 WTCC Proxy Build Thread

Hey Folks,

Here's a place to post the status of your builds for your WTCC Class cars.

I'll start w/ mine:

I'm planning on entering a Fly "Racing" Alfa 156 again, here's what I did w/ last years car:

[quote=pukplyr;366253
    Fly Racing Alfa 156
    Slot.it Flat 6R 22K Rpm glued and screwed in
    w/ NSR Extra-light 10t pinion and Slot.it 28t pinion
    Rear axle changed to Slot Sport 3/32 hollow axle w/ floating bushings
    Sloting Plus Mewrkuro 16.9 x 8.5 w/ Slot.it S1's on rear and stock fly tires on front
    Slot.it screw in guide
    Front axle...Slot Sport 3/32 hollow
    Added about 3 g. of lead to each side, even w/ the motor[/quote]

This is what it looked like:

The car finished 6th in the series last year and, was very successful on wood tracks.

So, I'll probably do something very similar this year, probably tweak a little bit to try and get the car to run a little more consistantly on plastic tracks. I'll either be re-entering the same car or a very similar one (I've recently aquired a "new" used white one w/ very few miles)...

Let's see and hear what you're working on!

David
    Last edited by pukplyr; 02-04-2011, 10:29 PM.

I'll see what I can sort out with my Pug 406 otherwise I have a Fly Racing Alfa as well that might get built instead.

Comment

If you can't beat em...build what they beat you with!

Originally posted by pukplyr View Post
      Hey Folks,

Here's a place to post the status of your builds for your WTCC Class cars.

I'll start w/ mine:

I'm planning on entering a Fly "Racing" Alfa 156 again, here's what I did w/ last years car:

This is what it looked like:

The car finished 6th in the series last year and, was very successful on wood tracks.

So, I'll probably do something very similar this year, probably tweak a little bit to try and get the car to run a little more consistantly on plastic tracks. I'll either be re-entering the same car or a very similar one (I've recently aquired a "new" used white one w/ very few miles)...

Let's see and hear what you're working on!

David
      Switched over to the Fly Racing Alfa for Touring class. Gonna run the Fly Racing BMW M3 from last year in the GT class (when it comes back)

NSR wheels w/inserts made from the Fly wheels/Fly racing "blue" springs in chassis-26/10 gearing with NSR 21,400 rpm "green" motor-For now Slot-it S2s (we'll see about them) Fly Racing guide with Carrera 1/32 braid Motor shaft cut with Slotting Plus axle stoppers-lots of testing laps run-this car hauls!

Comment

I like what you've done. I ordered the same yellow car. Guess I better paint it...

Comment

Cool! Looks like we're going to have a bunch of Alfa's in this years field!

David

Comment

I will stay with the Peugeot team for the 2011 season. My car finished 13th, so there is ample room for improvements -hopefully-. I will wait until I get the car back to asses all the changes needed, but for sure it needs new tires. From the valuable comments from the hosts it is clear that my choice of Yellow Dog urethane was a mistake. Hopefully new silicone tires will correct the spinning of rear wheels.

Comment

Alfa VS BMW

The Fly Racing Alfa is getting some serious competition from my new Fly Racing BMW 320i

The Alfa feels more forgiving but the Beemer is faster in the current configuration with Super Tires and a Scaleauto SC-21 long-can I'll have to some more testing and weight tuning before I decide on which to enter.

BTW: To avoid having to paint indoors during the winter I replaced the plain white Fly Racing body-shell with a standard Fly BMW 320i body-shell. After removing the interiors the body-shells are 100% identical (except for the livery) and also have the same mounting points and weights exactly the same, so I assume this will not cause any problems regarding the rules?

The M3 GTR and 997 in the background would be great GT candidates, but I just don't have enough time to set these up for this season, so they will stay at home.

Tore
              Last edited by 356speedster; 02-05-2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

My entry,

SCX
                Honda Accord
                Motor original SCX RX-42
                Bearing original
                Axle front Scalextric
                Axle rear original
                Pinion original
                concrete original
                front and rear rims BRM
                front tires original
                rear tires BRM

Removed magnet,
                cut parts from interior.

work in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by JaakBeentjes View Post
                  My entry,

SCX
                  Honda Accord
                  Motor original SCX RX-42
                  Bearing original
                  Axle front Scalextric
                  Axle rear original
                  Pinion original
                  concrete original
                  front and rear rims BRM
                  front tires original
                  rear tires BRM

Removed magnet,
                  cut parts from interior.

work in progress.

"Motor original SCX Rx 42"........Last year I ran a Ninco NC6 and it wasn't enough motor to run with the big guns.....you might want to reconsider Nice car though.

Comment

Originally posted by JaakBeentjes View Post
                    My entry,

SCX
                    Honda Accord
                    Motor original SCX RX-42
                    Bearing original
                    Axle front Scalextric
                    Axle rear original
                    Pinion original
                    concrete original
                    front and rear rims BRM
                    front tires original
                    rear tires BRM

Removed magnet,
                    cut parts from interior.

work in progress.

went for a road test with one thesebabys today was blown away! just stockparts and nsr ultra grips and some weight this baby flew even embarssing some off my big guns dont blame you for this choice a great ride!

Comment

day 3 off testing.
                      mini porxy race. my gt and wtc went up against my raac entrys and da best off the best non mag gt cars i have...
                      race was done on a mid sized scaly track fairly twisty few quick straights...
                      average non mag stock 6.5-6.9 secs avarge mag 4.3-3.9secs
                      cars were taken on there avarge fast time
                      20 laps each.
                      all cars in test are either high profamance or modded slot cars avarge motor spec 21.5k (lowest 19k highest 30k)
                      list: cars times: mods/motor tyres
                      carrera 575 gtc: 4.6 s slotit everthing 29k s2
                      fly marcos: 4.9 s slot it / fly 130 26k s2
                      fly viper : 5.2s slot it/ fly racing 25k nsr super silly
                      fly salleen: 4.7 s slot it/ fly racing 25k s2
                      scx corvette white: 4.9 s ninco pro/ scx -rb 19k s2
                      scx corvette blue: 5.0 s scx pro/slot it/ scx - rb 19k s2
                      pro slot 911 gt2: 4.6 s slottig plus/ slot it/ 30k scale auto s2
                      scaley aston gulf: 4.6 s slot it/ 21k s2
                      scaley aston dhl: 4.4 s slot it/ 21k s2
                      scaley mc12 gt1: 5.8 s slot it/ 21 k s1
                      scaley r34 gt500: 4.7 s nsr/ slot 21k nsr ultra sillys
                      mb zonda : 5.1 s mb/ nrs 30k nsr ultra
                      mb f430: 5.0 s mb/ mb 23k nsr super
                      ninco ascari gt3 :4.5 s slot it/ ninco 20k speeder s2
                      ninco ford gt pro: 4.4s ninco pro/ ninco 20,6k urethane
                      ninco mosler: 4.7s ninco pro/ ninco 20k speeder s2
                      ninco 350z: 4.8s slot it/ ninco pro/ 20k speeder s1
                      ninco lambo murci r-gt (raac gt1):4.5 ninco pro/ nsr/ 25k scale auto super tires
                      ninco mclaren f1 gtr (raac gt2):4.8s ssc/ slot it / 19,9k scale auto super tires
                      ninco 911 gt1: 4.5s slot it/ 25k s2
                      nsr 911 rally red: 4.5s nsr/ 21.5k king nsr ultra
                      nsr 911 r gt blue (wwtc/ gt):4.4s slotting plus/nsr/ nsr 25k king super tires
                      nrs mosler inline: 4.4s nsr/ 21.5k king nsr ultr
                      nrs mosler a/w: 4.5s slot it/nsr/ slot it 20,2k nsr extrem
                      nsr mosler s/w: 4.3s nsr/ 22.5k shark nsr ultra

those were my resaults but heres the shocker tested my spirit pug 406 tc jus too see how it runs.............. my time .......... 4.1s ............ yes you read it 4.1s and it aint a fluke these times are taken but avarge fast times ................ dont get it the faster i make the porsche go the quicker my pug gets oh and if your your wondering its running nsr 21.5k king motor slot it 13/ 32 gearing with magneseium rears and nsr fronts tires are standard at front s2 on rears..............dont know whats going on but at least i have a class touring car
                      thanks for your time

Comment

Originally posted by mrtiggz View Post
                        day 3 off testing.
                        mini porxy race. my gt and wtc went up against my raac entrys and da best off the best non mag gt cars i have...
                        race was done on a mid sized scaly track fairly twisty few quick straights...
                        average non mag stock 6.5-6.9 secs avarge mag 4.3-3.9secs
                        cars were taken on there avarge fast time
                        20 laps each.
                        all cars in test are either high profamance or modded slot cars avarge motor spec 21.5k (lowest 19k highest 30k)
                        list: cars times: mods/motor tyres
                        carrera 575 gtc: 4.6 s slotit everthing 29k s2
                        fly marcos: 4.9 s slot it / fly 130 26k s2
                        fly viper : 5.2s slot it/ fly racing 25k nsr super silly
                        fly salleen: 4.7 s slot it/ fly racing 25k s2
                        scx corvette white: 4.9 s ninco pro/ scx -rb 19k s2
                        scx corvette blue: 5.0 s scx pro/slot it/ scx - rb 19k s2
                        pro slot 911 gt2: 4.6 s slottig plus/ slot it/ 30k scale auto s2
                        scaley aston gulf: 4.6 s slot it/ 21k s2
                        scaley aston dhl: 4.4 s slot it/ 21k s2
                        scaley mc12 gt1: 5.8 s slot it/ 21 k s1
                        scaley r34 gt500: 4.7 s nsr/ slot 21k nsr ultra sillys
                        mb zonda : 5.1 s mb/ nrs 30k nsr ultra
                        mb f430: 5.0 s mb/ mb 23k nsr super
                        ninco ascari gt3 :4.5 s slot it/ ninco 20k speeder s2
                        ninco ford gt pro: 4.4s ninco pro/ ninco 20,6k urethane
                        ninco mosler: 4.7s ninco pro/ ninco 20k speeder s2
                        ninco 350z: 4.8s slot it/ ninco pro/ 20k speeder s1
                        ninco lambo murci r-gt (raac gt1):4.5 ninco pro/ nsr/ 25k scale auto super tires
                        ninco mclaren f1 gtr (raac gt2):4.8s ssc/ slot it / 19,9k scale auto super tires
                        ninco 911 gt1: 4.5s slot it/ 25k s2
                        nsr 911 rally red: 4.5s nsr/ 21.5k king nsr ultra
                        nsr 911 r gt blue (wwtc/ gt):4.4s slotting plus/nsr/ nsr 25k king super tires
                        nrs mosler inline: 4.4s nsr/ 21.5k king nsr ultr
                        nrs mosler a/w: 4.5s slot it/nsr/ slot it 20,2k nsr extrem
                        nsr mosler s/w: 4.3s nsr/ 22.5k shark nsr ultra

those were my resaults but heres the shocker tested my spirit pug 406 tc jus too see how it runs.............. my time .......... 4.1s ............ yes you read it 4.1s and it aint a fluke these times are taken but avarge fast times ................ dont get it the faster i make the porsche go the quicker my pug gets oh and if your your wondering its running nsr 21.5k king motor slot it 13/ 32 gearing with magneseium rears and nsr fronts tires are standard at front s2 on rears..............dont know whats going on but at least i have a class touring car
                        thanks for your time

Good to hear the results on the Pug. I purchased one because of the great results they were having on last years proxy. I have a chance! Any advice you can give on placing weight would be appreaciated.

Build info on my Pug will be up soon.

Paul

Comment

try stiffen the chassis first the just a little bit of weight at the front about 2 grams try that first

Comment

Originally posted by mrtiggz View Post
                            try stiffen the chassis first the just a little bit of weight at the front about 2 grams try that first
                            Thanks I will try the weight. I have already stiffened the frame. That did help. Can you recomend a good guide?

Comment

Well glad to see that, if I ever do get this thing up and running, there'll be at least three of us!

David

Comment

Working...
                              X