Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 WTCC Proxy....Please Read

Gentlemen (and any Ladies that may want to be, or are, involved),

The recent developments (or lack thereof) with this proxy has left me quite dissapointed. But, I'm not here to rehash all that or, to bash our previous leader in any way (and Don, whatever is going on, I hope you're okay and that you enter this years event. And I'm sure that we will all get our cars back eventually...). The reason for this post is that, as the 2010 WTCC Proxy was MY first proxy race (and not only did I enjoy it completely but, I learned a lot and made a few new "slot" friends along the way) and therefore, I REALLY want this proxy to continue and happen this year.

With all that being said, I would like to (and I'm sure that I'm going to regret saying this at some point ) volunteer to step-up and take over leadership of this series....if it will keep all of you from jumping ship!

I don't intend to change any of the rules that are currently in place (although, I still feel it would be fun to get a bonus point awarded to the top qualifier at each track), and am just trying to gauge how many of you would still be on-board if I do this...

I would ask for one (very big) bit of help though.... As I'm certainly no expert, I'd love for someone to step up and volunteer to be the 1st host and the "tech" inspector. My plan is to be the last host, and then be the "sucker" that has to deal w/ shipping all the cars back to their owners.

Also, I'd love some help, from one of you more experienced proxy guys, determining if $25 is the right amount to charge for entry (will this cover all the shipping? Is it too much? Certainly not trying to make a profit here, just want to cover the "nut"!).

Here's the current entries, as shown on the previous registration thread:

WCTC
    1. DWalker, BMW/
    2. Big Jack
    3. Monovell
    4. Kid Voltage
    5. Turboman93
    6. Reek455
    7. Belator
    8. Pukplyr
    9. elvinator
    10. racerdoug
    11. Martini
    12. 356Speedster, Alfa GTA
    13. Flying Trasgu
    14. Redlynr, BMWobbly
    15. mrtiggz, Pug 406
    16. Paulcoz pUG 406
    17. Budslots, Audi A4
    18. J Sin
    19. boltzlightning
    20. alexis in greece
    21. Jaak Beentjes, Honda Accord
    22. Big D Sonic

WCGT
    1. DWalker, Porsche 911
    2. Big Jack
    3. Monovell
    4. Kid Voltage
    5. Turboman93
    6. Belator (tentative)
    7. Marcus Antilles, Ford Mustang
    8. Marcus Antilles SO, Chevy Corvette C6R
    9. pukplyr
    10. elvinator
    11. racerdoug
    12. Martini
    13. Flying Trasgu
    14. mrtiggz, Porsche 911
    15. Smokeio(?)
    16. J Sin
    17. boltzlightning
    18. alexis in greece
    19. BIg D Sonic
    20. Autorama, 997 Porsche

And here's the most recent list of interested race hosts....

Monovell, Stoney Brook, Colorado
    elvinator,Washington
    Reek 455, Oregon
    Kid Voltage, Oregon
    Pukplyr, California
    Big Jack, Arizona
    Belator, ASCC, Texas
    Redlynr's RUT, somewhere cold-
    Racerdoug, Pennsylvania
    GTslots, Dougs friend, Banked Carrera?? yeahhhh

Based on the delays we've experienced so far, I'm leaning towards pushing back the due date for the cars to, at least as late as, April 15th (something to make "Tax Day" a little more pleasant).

One thing that I will ask all competitors (and especially track hosts) for is your personal contact information. It will not be shared but, I think it's important (especially based on this years issues) that a few folks, that are running the event, have a way to contact all participants if necessary!

Please feel free to give me any suggestions, ideas, feedback etc..., I'd really like to make this happen and want to know who's still interested!

David
    Last edited by pukplyr; 03-10-2011, 11:27 PM.

Rico and I have discussed this some. We feel it would be best to go back to one class like this past season. With the tracks that are likely to be in the proxy, the big dogs won't have room to open up and on the small tracks they will be a real handful. 25k is plenty of motor. Rico and I can lead off. I'll pm you the rest.

Comment

David

I have to agree with kidvoltage. I think it's a good idea to keep the proxy with just one class, being the same as last year. It sounds like a lot of work with just one class let alone two. That's a lot to take on man. I would be at your service if you need any help with the proxy and or working the final race with you. I want to see this proxy happen.

Paul

Comment

Ok

David, you know I'm "all in" on this. Still would like the two classes but, one class is certainly better then having this proxy go away. I'll help with any thing you need.

Big Jack

Comment

I'm good either way--1 or 2 classes. I'm assuming the one class would be the touring cars--DUH!! April 15 sounds good to me.

Tom

Comment

I'm not participating on touring so please keep the GT series -- and the car has been ready for a while (custom tires, upgrade chassis and all).
            I'm part of ASCC - Austin Slot Car Club, we have Belator, Turboman93 and me interested in this (as long as it works) and I can be the first tech if needed.

I also thought that we would race all deep guide tracks before the plastics, let me know if I'm wrong.

Thank you,
            Ary.

Comment

I'm in for either 1 or 2 classes,i'd like the due date pushed a bit further say to end of april,then the local clubs would be interested to host a round each,both Ninco tracks.
              MRD SLOT TRACK:
              http://www.modelling-news.com/index....301&Itemid=131

HELLENIC CLUB a few shots

Comment

I'm still ready to participate!

I'm switching my touring car entry from Alfa to BMW 320i though

I've got some GT candidates, but a one class touring car series sounds like a healthy choice to me. Mid April sounds good to too

Comment

i dont mind either way 1 or 2 classes its all good too me

Comment

Nice David.

I'd love to jump back in, but, alas, I have no car to enter unless I get my car '10 back.

Comment

As the touring cars dont exactly rev my engine, I would like to keep the GT class. I would suggest the end of April as well, giving those that have to build new(vice upgrading their 2010 cars) 2 months to get that done.

Comment

Originally posted by redlynr View Post
                        Nice David.

I'd love to jump back in, but, alas, I have no car to enter unless I get my car '10 back.
                        Steve,

I understand, I'd like mine back also, to test against and perhaps re-enter....I'll hold a spot for you as I'd love to have you back and I'M REALLY HOPING (and believe eventually) THAT WE'LL GET OUR CARS BACK.........Pleeeeeezzzzzzzzeeeeeeee!

David

Comment

Thanks. I really want back in, but I literally have no car to prep, and my finances really won't allow me to get another one. Kinda sucks!

Originally posted by pukplyr View Post
                          Steve,

I understand, I'd like mine back also, to test against and perhaps re-enter....I'll hold a spot for you as I'd love to have you back and I'M REALLY HOPING (and believe eventually) THAT WE'LL GET OUR CARS BACK.........Pleeeeeezzzzzzzzeeeeeeee!

David

Comment

It looks like we may have a proxy on our hands. I hope you guys get your cars back soon. I would hate to see anyone have to pull an entry. The proxy from last year looked like a lot of fun. Either mid to late April is fine with me.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by alexis in greece View Post
                              I'm in for either 1 or 2 classes,i'd like the due date pushed a bit further say to end of april,then the local clubs would be interested to host a round each,both Ninco tracks.
                              Alexis,

Thanks for the offer... That being said, as a first time Proxy leader, I'm not quite ready to go international yet... Let me get a year under my belt and next year we'll go "Worldwide"!

David

PS. Nice looking Ninco track!
                              Last edited by pukplyr; 03-02-2011, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X