Loose Pickup Wires, A Simple Fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck is a "prass pin"?

What's wrong with using a piece of tooth pick - it works!

Comment

I would rather talk about midget racers; is the lever in the driver's hand a hand brake? The old Monogram 1/20 static model had a had operated pump on one side, and a lever on the other; the pump was to pump up the hydraulic brakes, or something. Was the other lever for the one-speed transmission in-out box?

Comment

One of the soldered pickup wires on my C9 broke off. I replaced the braids with new SP 05s and bent them forward as Alan suggested in his tip. I installed the brass eyelets and inserted them in the rear of the pickup braid opening. This works great and the eyelets are tight.

Dave

Comment

I have only just found this thread - so apologies for late response. Coming from Commercial Flexi and Wing Cars - the braid/guide setup in Slot.it and indeed most 1/32 cars was very ordinary. In fact, I tried to modify a standard Parma guide, but without success.
          For those that don't know, the standard Parma, Slick 7 graphite guides have the slots at the front of the guide. The braid itself has a brass end on it (similar to the picture in this thread with the braid tinned) and it is spring loaded folded. So it press fits in.
          The standard guide has the lead wires 'fold' into the braid tops - but nearly everyone abandons that idea and uses braid clips. Which again, are bent pieces of brass the also sit in the slot at the front of the guide and hold the lot in very tight. YOu then just solder the lead wires to the top of the brass clips - very simple and very sturdy - hardly ever comes loose at all.
          Sure would be good if somehow the manufactures could somehow modify the guides to be more along these lines.

Comment

I have run my Audi R8C for a while now and decided to upgrade the guide. With a little surgery, the Carrera long guide with double braids fit nicely. I guess its just me but the car seems to be stronger with better response. I was quick before with the orange endbell motor but it just seems better now.

Comment

The hand pump was to start the engine; pump fuel into the carbs. The lever was a rear brake only lever so the driver could apply more rear brake than normal. At least that is what I was told they were for.

Comment

Working...
              X