Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iím done

Iím done

This Saturday a couple of the guys are coming to help me disassemble the race track.

All of the lumber and some of the useable MDF will be stored for future use.

Next fall if I still have the slot car bug, I will build a new track.

If not, I will go back to one of my other hobby/businesses.

Thanks to all.

Dave

- Hope to see you again in the fall...

Comment

Was it something I said?

Good luck!

Comment

The furnace needs to be replaced and the track is in the way.

I was going to dismantle the race track last fall, but I held it off for the Shootout race.

Dave

Comment

Will miss you Dave, I have learn alot from all your threads.

Comment

Next time, build a movable track! Mine rests on four main legs, so when the well water storage tank crapped out a few weeks after the track was built, I could slide the table three feet to the side to allow access, using plastic slider pads under the legs. The layout "jigsaws" into all the other stuff in the basement, like continental drift. Best planning I ever did.

Hope you come back soon with your test techniques and equipment.

Comment

I wll most certainly miss your contributions and friendship Dave. Your advice has helped me become a better car tuner. You are also partly to blame (lol) for our small cub going totally no-mag. Fortunately, all of the information you have provided SCI will be around for as long as SCI is around. I doubt any other slot car website has such a terrific, usable database.

Best wishes and KIITS,
              Lawrece

Comment

Sorry to hear that.
                Thanks for all of your great contributions to the site.
                Hope you find your way back and keep in touch.
                Your intensive testing and tuning threads will be missed.
                Take care
                Bill

Comment

DaveJr,

As a newbie that has read many of your "tech" posts, I feel highly qualified to say "you will be missed"! We hope the bug bite's you again in the very near future!

Best of Luck with whatever you do and Thank you!

David

Comment

You will be missed. Hope you return - as strong or stronger than in the past !
                    Depending on the age of your current furnace, your new furnace may be smaller - and therefore you may have additional room for more track !

Comment

Originally posted by acmost View Post
                      Was it something I said? Good luck!
                      naaaah, it was my feet, PEW!!
                      Well, best of luck. Hobbies are cyclical, to me anyways.
                      Having spent the past 18 years in my garage woodshop with every tool known to man (over 2 grand in Bessey clamps), I still find slots are sumpin that never gets old.Car guys are car guys no matter what.
                      Enjoy and hurry back.

Comment

My baseboard furnace consists of a gas heated boiler, expansion tank, electric circulating pump, 3 level controls, wall on/off switch. We replaced the old one yesterday, so it seems, actually in 1991. Last fall when it was switched on, nothing happened and I panicked ($$ were low).
                        I brought in the vacuum, used it; jiggled the wires, lubed the circulator pump, and got it working again. Each bank of baseboard heaters in the rooms have a bleed valve on one end, carry a towel, scredriver, and let out some fluid.
                        Maybe you can fix your furnace without replacement (unless boiler is leaking).
                        Maybe you can set up a plastic track. I always enjoy your contributions. Don't get discouraged.
                        Keep in touch.

Comment

You'll be back sooner or later

Comment

Dave, you will be sorely missed around here. We all hope that you decide to return. Thank you for all that you have given us.

Comment

Sorry to see you go, Dave. I have enjoyed reading your articles. Good luck with the furnace, and perhaps we'll see you back again?

Van

Comment

Working...
                              X