This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question....

Can I use any of the ground pins for the start lights? For example, I'd like to run pins 10-13 for lane detection using ground pin 25 and pins 1-3 for the start lights with ground pin 20.

Comment

Yes you can use any ground pin not just 25

Comment

Yes you can use any ground pin not just 25
        Are you sure on that one Gazza?
        I always thought that pin 25 was the only ground.

Comment

No there is quite a few in fact 8 as I use them my self

Comment

Thanks Gazza for the info.
            Another one for the HD

Comment

DB9 and Ultimate Racer

Does anyone have a diagram of how they setup UR with IR sensors and a Serial port (9 pin).

So far I realise that a DB9 is cut down DB25 without the power pins. So what I've done is get a 5v Regulator connected that to my dc track to get a 5v power. Used this with 47 ohm resistors for my IR leds (to be mounted in a gantry)

Next I have tested my Honeywell IR detector (SDP8436-003) with each pin ... so do get a green light on the test screen. I'm working through this and wondering if this is the best solution... I'm concerned that I'm connecting my PC pin 1 to earth of the track power unit and I'm wondering if there is someone out there who has done this before with a DB9 serial connector successfully ...

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but a week of searching hasn't come up with much.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Comment

This is a real dumb question. How do I wire the transistor photo for an infra red lap counter? I think I understand how to connect the infra red receiver to the LPT1 port 10 or 11.

Comment

Originally posted by rwfoote View Post
                  This is a real dumb question. How do I wire the transistor photo for an infra red lap counter? I think I understand how to connect the infra red receiver to the LPT1 port 10 or 11.
                  You have to provide 5V of power to the IR sender. You can do this directly with a 5V power supply, or wire in some resistors to get the supply power down to 5V.

Comment

Just like bibbster said
                    Wire it up like a regular LED,chk the specs for voltage,pay attention to polarity.

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...0&postcount=15

Comment

Working...
                    X