X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeremycobert
    started a topic easiest way to get started

easiest way to get started

hey guys i need to figure out the easiest way to get started with UR. i need to know which setup is the easiest for a non technical person, for example dead strip,reed switch or light bridge. and then i need to find out how to build it, if anyone know a website with instructions that would be a great help. thanks, jeremy

• SlotsNZ
    replied
    I'd say go with either photo sensors or dead strips

For accurate timing.

Ricky's own website has simple, and more elaborate designs shown for building your own photo sensors and light bridge. http://www.uracerweb.org/ and Gregory Braun who wrote Laptimer 2000 SELLS ready made sensor cables.

The printer port cable he sells can readily be used for UR3.0, the pin-ins are/can be the same - UR3.0 allows you to allocate a particular pin for each lane.

You're in US or Canada, going by the accent on yourslotcast website, so surely there are other people supply ready made cable looms, and maybe light bridges.
    I know Trakmate supply one from Canada as well.

Leave a comment:

• Ricky Torpedo
    replied
    yep, but the accuracy is lower than photodiods as web cam resolution is around one image every 30ms (compared to a ms poll period for photo diods...)

Leave a comment:

• yngwie_70
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremycobert View Post
    hey guys i need to figure out the easiest way to get started with UR. i need to know which setup is the easiest for a non technical person, for example dead strip,reed switch or light bridge. and then i need to find out how to build it, if anyone know a website with instructions that would be a great help. thanks, jeremy
    By far the easiest system is the webcam. Without doubt!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X