Custom Points and Tournament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Points and Tournament

Hi guys. After knowing about UR3 for a while and quickly abandoning it because it didn't quite suite my needs and patience I thought I would revisit it. I must say it has progressed in leaps and bounds and now includes some great features. I'm impressed so much so i'm re-installing it on my own track. Having some issues with power control but im hoping to sort that one out myself hopefully.

One of our race series involves 9, 9 lap races. Yes very short indeed but the points system is structured to make it very exciting. Points are given to the person who completes the first lap first, points for the person who leads for the most laps and points for any lap led. Then of course there are the placings.

I noticed there is already a points system in place. Would it be possible to include these additional points options in future revions of UR3. I'm certain others would enjoy it.

This brings me to my second question. Is it possible to run custom tournaments I haven't been able to find a way to have say eg:9 freestyle races with or without lane rotation and points. It seems my only choice is to use one of the predefined tournament options. Am I missing something.

Keep up the good work!

Hi Tycoon,

got some additional questions to understand your request (sorry...)

1 - what's a 9,9 lap race ? Does it mean 9 drivers & 9 races ?

2 - Points are given to the person who completes the first lap first
    -> is it a fixed number of points ? Ex : 6 pts for the first lap first ?
    -> points for the person who leads for the most laps
    Already available
    -> points for any lap led
    already available
    Maybe it needs to be clarified in the GUI!

3 - This brings me to my second question. Is it possible to run custom tournaments I haven't been able to find a way to have say eg:9 freestyle races with or without lane rotation and points. It seems my only choice is to use one of the predefined tournament options
    > there is a tournament designer to design your own's. A tournament is in fact a set of parameters defined in a text file... Refer to the doc and already defined tournaments to understand the parameters.
    SlotNZ expects to investigate this feature to use more English comprehenvice parameter names (I am not English mother tongue...). Your contribution would be cool there too by asking questions about "weird" parameters. Thus I could describe them more precisely... and rename them with your help.

Let me know your thoughts,

/P.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond Ricky. Hopefully I can be a bit clearer on what I'm after. The race series I refered to above i mainly run as a three man competition. (My track is only three lanes).
      The "9, 9lap races" equates to 9 heats at 9 laps each. Points are awarded after each heat and then totalled at the end of the 9 heats. Our software does not allow for lane rotation so we just use the same lane for all nine heats.
      Our points system
      1st place = 175 points
      2nd place= 170 points
      3rd place = 165 points
      Bonus points=
      Leader 1st lap = 5
      Most laps led = 5
      Lead any lap = 5
      Just a couple of points to mention. The "Lead any lap" points allocation is only given for one lap and NOT per lap.
      eg: If driver 1 was to lead for 1 lap in a 9 lap race he would be given 5 points total.
      If driver 1 was to lead for 2 laps he would be given 5 points total.
      If he were to lead for 5 laps he would not get the bonus points for "any lap lead" because he would get bonus points for "most laps lead". Nor would he get the "any lap lead" bonus if he were to get the "first lap lead" bonus.
      It may seem complicated but its just the way the software works. I dont expect you to consider anything this complex but the first lap bonus is a feature we truly enjoy and so to is the most laps lead bonus. It is somewhat different to the current "points per lap" in UR3.

Hmm, what can I say about the tournament designer. It's like another language to me. Lol.
      I'll start to play around with it to see what I can come up with but I doubt that there are any parameters that would allow the same three drivers to race in 9 heats.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Tycoon33 View Post
        Thanks for taking the time to respond Ricky. Hopefully I can be a bit clearer on what I'm after. The race series I refered to above i mainly run as a three man competition. (My track is only three lanes).
        The "9, 9lap races" equates to 9 heats at 9 laps each. Points are awarded after each heat and then totalled at the end of the 9 heats. Our software does not allow for lane rotation so we just use the same lane for all nine heats.
        Our points system
        1st place = 175 points
        2nd place= 170 points
        3rd place = 165 points
        Bonus points=
        Leader 1st lap = 5
        Most laps led = 5
        Lead any lap = 5
        Just a couple of points to mention. The "Lead any lap" points allocation is only given for one lap and NOT per lap.
        eg: If driver 1 was to lead for 1 lap in a 9 lap race he would be given 5 points total.
        If driver 1 was to lead for 2 laps he would be given 5 points total.
        If he were to lead for 5 laps he would not get the bonus points for "any lap lead" because he would get bonus points for "most laps lead". Nor would he get the "any lap lead" bonus if he were to get the "first lap lead" bonus.
        It may seem complicated but its just the way the software works. I dont expect you to consider anything this complex but the first lap bonus is a feature we truly enjoy and so to is the most laps lead bonus. It is somewhat different to the current "points per lap" in UR3.

Hmm, what can I say about the tournament designer. It's like another language to me. Lol.
        I'll start to play around with it to see what I can come up with but I doubt that there are any parameters that would allow the same three drivers to race in 9 heats.

Keep up the good work.
        Added as enhancement request.

Now about tournament syntax I'd suggest to open a dedicated topic to share It's more configuration than language.

We could share thru this topic

/P.

Comment

Many thanks . Will do .

Comment

Working...
          X