New version bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New version bug

I know there are a few bugs the one I came across is when I use my track call button for a caution I am unable to restart the race from it, I have to use the screen one to restart. I am using the phidget for control. The race restarts as long as I hold the button but goes back into caution as soon as it is released. Also as an enhansment down the road can you make it where the caution causer would be penalized like a bad start, I know this would take seperate call buttons at each driver station.Thanks again for a great program.

Hi FFD12,

thank for this bug. I'll try to reproduce it & fix it. I keep u posted.

I added your request as enhancement request (this request makes sense). At this time I am working on the bug fix and revision completion. I am expecting to re start to work on ur in couple of weeks when I have more time.

Many thanks,

/P.

Comment

Ricky:

I also vote for the enhancement of supporting a track call button at every driver station. I'm wiring my track to have those now, and hopefully someday soon I'll be able to use them! The logic would be sort of interesting - because what happens if a 2nd racer presses their button just a short time after the first one does? Hopefully the 2nd racer's button push wouldn't cause the race/heat to start again! And would both get the penalty?

Regards,
      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
        Ricky:

I also vote for the enhancement of supporting a track call button at every driver station. I'm wiring my track to have those now, and hopefully someday soon I'll be able to use them! The logic would be sort of interesting - because what happens if a 2nd racer presses their button just a short time after the first one does? Hopefully the 2nd racer's button push wouldn't cause the race/heat to start again! And would both get the penalty?

Regards,
        Paul
        Currently the track call behaves as if one driver pressed the "Pause" button => the heat stays on hold until another driver press it's button. So currently the driver's penalties remain unchanged. The input event is "Pause" to which all driver track call buttons are connected.

Having one track call per driver & corresponding event would add only one information: who has pressed the track call. That's it. I don't see here if any subsequent operations would make sense.

Opened discussion...

Comment

Originally posted by FFD12 View Post
          I know there are a few bugs the one I came across is when I use my track call button for a caution I am unable to restart the race from it, I have to use the screen one to restart. I am using the phidget for control. The race restarts as long as I hold the button but goes back into caution as soon as it is released. Also as an enhansment down the road can you make it where the caution causer would be penalized like a bad start, I know this would take seperate call buttons at each driver station.Thanks again for a great program.
          Hi FFD12,

what's the added value of generating a driver track call & corresponding penalty? I am not sure to understand the purpose here.

I am testing your issue. In the meantime I published a beta 2 yesterday. Let me know if it fixes your issue. Note: current track call needs 2 pushes on the button. One to pause the race, another to start it (exept if you have connected the track call on the "Stop/start" race event, of course).

Comment

Ricky:

I don't speak for FFD12 of course, but my understanding of the feature would be for each driver call button to be an individual input into UR3 - that way you would be able to identify which driver caused the track call, and thus penalize them for being "a bad driver" (either laps or time, like you currently can do for a bad start). In this case I assume that specific driver's button would have to be pushed again for the race/heat to continue; any other's driver call button pushed AFTER the first driver's would not cause the heat to resume. I hope I've stated it clearer.

Regards,
            Paul, the Big Bad Buzz

Comment

ok, get it => individual track call helps in case of his/her slot car deslots. The heat is paused til the slot car is re sloted. But penalties are applied. Makes sense!!!!!

Added as enhancement request.

Comment

Thanks Big that is exactly what I had in mind.

Comment

Working...
                X