X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rwfoote
    started a topic Can't recognize laps

Can't recognize laps

I'm sure you are all tired of hearing this one, but I have tried everything and can not get ur30 to count laps. I have a carrera track with photo sensors installed as described on the web site. I am using pins 12 and 13. I have xenon light pucks ( like halogen) one for each lane.

My meter detects both lanes just fine at the pins when I cover the cells. I use lpt1 and in setup I can change pins 2 - 9 and they change color. At first when I would test the track by running a heat, nothing would happen. Now, pin 12 has a little red circle to the left of the "detect car in lane 1" description in setup.

I had started with pins 10 & 11, but tried going to 12 & 13. Still no luck. I also confirmed the lpt1 port is in ECP mode.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

• 2FER SLOTS
    replied

Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• rwfoote
    replied
    That was the problem, the hex address of the port was wrong. Thank you so very much. I have it working great now.

Leave a comment:

• 2FER SLOTS
    replied
    Have you done what this page asked?
    http://www.uracerweb.org/Help/racer/...p_LPT_port.htm

Leave a comment:

• rwfoote
    replied
    Originally posted by rwfoote View Post
    I have done this and the plug even has numbers. 12 13 &25 for sure
    Do you have someone that can suggest additional test?

Leave a comment:

• rwfoote
    replied
    I have done this and the plug even has numbers. 12 13 &25 for sure

Leave a comment:

• 2FER SLOTS
    replied
    Let's make sure you are on pins 12 and 13.
    It is real easy to look at the diagrams they have posted backwards.
    Get a magnifying glass and look at the end of the connector(at the computer,I'm assuming the other end has been cut off). Take your meter and make sure you are connected to the pin you think you are.
    I am sorry if this sounds too simple,but it's the same mistakes I made and wish someone would have helped with .
    If everything checks here and UR3.0 still doesn't see a change of state I'm afraid it is a computer hardware issue and I've got people for that 'cause I can't.

Leave a comment:

• rwfoote
    replied
    I also used the jumper at the photocell and no change.

Leave a comment:

• rwfoote
    replied
    Ok, I linked two pin wires together and put one in 25 and the other end in 12 and then 13. No change whatsoever. I deleted the circuits in hardware config and setup a new one. No more " incorrect parameter " displays.

Why wouldn't ur30 react the 25 12 pins?

Leave a comment:

• 2FER SLOTS
    replied
    A jumper wire at the connection to the photo cells should suffice.
    Let's see what that does.

Leave a comment:

• rwfoote
    replied
    Male, not mail

Leave a comment:

• rwfoote
    replied
    How do I touch the pins. They are in the mail plug and to touch them I have to unplug it.

Leave a comment:

• 2FER SLOTS
    replied
    Trying to narrow the problem much further
    If you go to the hardware set-up screen with a picture of your lpt you should see a change of state(grey to green or vice versa) if you ground momentarily(touch to pin 25) 10,11,12,13 etc. this will tell you(and us) lots of things.
    This test doesn't care how the track is set up or about any parameters,just wires and your computer

Leave a comment:

• rwfoote
    replied
    I even removed my pci parallel port with a PCIe card. Still not working.

Leave a comment:

• rwfoote
    replied
    That's my problem. I can't get ur30 to recognize the photo cells.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X