X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heats / Race Events

Hi again,

A couple of things I am having trouble with:

1. The 'Winner' screen is never displayed at the end of a heat. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

2. I use 5 red LEDs on my timing bridge to start the race which all works fine. However, i've modified the 'headervan.scc' to have 5 red lights rather than 5 orange ones. I've assigned each light to 'HeaderRedLightX' where 'X' is the relevant light number but when I start a heat, although the start lights pop up and work correctly, the modified header lights don't change.

If I use the previous 'headervan.scc' then I get 5 orange lights until I start the heat, thenthey all go grey until the start of the race when they all go green. My modifed header just stays red all the time!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edward

Further to my first post, I've jut notice that on my last test, something popped up at the end of the heat and then dissapeared before I could see what it was. I guess this is the winner screen. But why did it dissapear?
    Last edited by Nemesis; 06-10-2013, 11:18 AM.

> 1. The 'Winner' screen is never displayed at the end of a heat. Am I missing a setting somewhere?
    the 'Winner' screen is displayed at the end of a race event (a race event is a set of heats)

> 2. I use 5 red LEDs on my timing bridge to start the race which all works fine. However, i've modified the 'headervan.scc' to have 5 red lights rather than 5 orange ones. I've assigned each light to 'HeaderRedLightX' where 'X' is the relevant light number but when I start a heat, although the start lights pop up and work correctly, the modified header lights don't change.
    fixed => well done...

Comment

fix & 30r4 official beta available here:
      www.uracer.org/URProject/racer30_30r4.zip

Installation procedure:
      - unzip this release in a temporary folder (your official one remains safe!)
      - replace this release database by yours

---------------------------------------------
      Enhancements:
      • major: click on "go" button during light changes now triggers heat start instead of heat cancellation
      • heat can be started by first car detection
      • partial laps calculation using sections or remaining time before heat end
      • new race pane objects: "DriverCrashBurned" (skull image), "CrashBurnBtn" (ambulance button), "CrashBurn" (number of deslots)
      • display "XXX" laps when lap detected during pause/track call
      • fuel management: level warning setup allowed, out of fuel warning played once
      • library updates: Tomy & Aurora Afx, SXR, Carrera 1:32, Scalex Digital
      • 3D object properties enhanced: specify X-Y-Z default sizes
      • new editor export report keywords: lane, lengthM, length, depthM, depth
      • exports open spreadsheet editor
      • transparent image render: layout + race screens

Fixes:
      • deslots and false start score wrong calculation
      • CSV exports
      • sounds in practice mode
      • 3D render hangs on some track sections
      • 5 lights management
      • minor bugs
      Last edited by Ricky Torpedo; 06-13-2013, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Ricky,

When I try to run the beta, I get an error message saying that "racer30.exe is not a valid win32 application"

Comment

what's your operating system?

Comment

WinXP.

I've run a previoius beta before by following the instructions. This one doesn't seem to work.

Comment

ok, got it. VStudio 2012 requires a specific compiler option to generate xp compliant code. Under quick fix

Comment

couple of Microsoft patch later... It should be ok (I made also test on an old refurbished xp...)

Comment

works now...thanks

Comment

Header lights changing now, although 3, 4 and 5 all come on at the same time rather than in sequence!

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
                      Header lights changing now, although 3, 4 and 5 all come on at the same time rather than in sequence!
                      ??? could you clarify ???
                      Enclosed the one I customized for testing purposes.
                      Have you selected "5lights" as start light sequence?
                      Last edited by Ricky Torpedo; 06-15-2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

My custom header has 5 red lights. Each one is assigned to 'HeaderRedLightx' where 'x' is 1 through 5.

When I start a heat, the header lights all go grey and then header light 1 comes on red at the same time as the first red start light.

But then when header light 2 comes on red, 3,4 and 5 all come on red at the same time rather than coming on in sequence.

Comment

just updated the previous post. Check the start light sequence

Comment

check also you only have Light1->5 objects over gray lights and nothing else. Like in the previous attachment example

Comment

thanks, just saw your update.

Your example works, mine does not. The only difference I can see is that I have 5 green lights underneath the red lights.

Can't understand why this is stopping the sequence working correctly, but I can use your header anyway.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X