Riverside Raceway replica slot car track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverside Raceway replica slot car track

I happened to surf my way into one of the more interesting and amazing slot car track builds I've seen. This one is a replica of Riverside Raceway.

The thing about this track that really got my attention was the ability to run numerous circuits 12 to be exact, 24 if you take into account that the circuits can be ran in either directionon on one layout, just like the real Riverside.

This control panel operates the various track switches and changes the circuit.

Some examples of the circuits available on this layout. This is some really creative slot car work IMO.
    Last edited by greenjo2; 07-09-2013, 10:35 AM.

greenjo2,

That is some amazing work....the lighted panel, that shows which circuit is in use, reminds me of my dads trains!

Where did you stumble on to this?

Thanks,

David

Comment

Originally posted by pukplyr View Post
      greenjo2,

That is some amazing work....the lighted panel, that shows which circuit is in use, reminds me of my dads trains!

Where did you stumble on to this?

Thanks,

David
      David, I don't think I can post the linc to the thread because it's on another forum. It's on France.slotforum (although I don't think that site is much competition for this sites patrons). Check the wood track section of their site, thread is Riverside. If admins will allow me to I will post link to build thread as this is a good one.

I think you can adjust the voltage for each lane there on the control panel as well. My French is a little rusty and I couldn't get Bing translate to work properly so I'm not sure.
      Last edited by greenjo2; 07-09-2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by greenjo2 View Post
        David, I don't think I can post the linc to the thread because it's on another forum. It's on France.slotforum (although I don't think that site is much competition for this sites patrons). Check the wood track section of their site, thread is Riverside. If admins will allow me to I will post link to build thread as this is a good one.
        You could PM to me?

Thanks,

David

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

I'm not sure how he is going to handle timing / lap counting. All circuits would seemingly have to have a common start/finish line for a dead strip or light bar. Can't see either in his pictures, but the build doesn't appear to be finished so maybe he hasn't worked that out yet.

Comment

Riverside WOWWY!

Hi,
              FANTASTIC!!, never really thought much of this track, other than its great history. Till now.
              What is the trac length? Are you going to land scape er; recreate it for the time period ?
              As to my mind, with what's been done so far wILL take it to a Slots Mods level!! imho.
              Please post more as you progress, Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by greenjo2 View Post
                I'm not sure how he is going to handle timing / lap counting. All circuits would seemingly have to have a common start/finish line for a dead strip or light bar. Can't see either in his pictures, but the build doesn't appear to be finished so maybe he hasn't worked that out yet.
                I would think that lap timing would go right about where it was on the real circuit. All options travel through the banked turn at the narrow end. S/F was at the exit of that turn.

I must admit though that my memory is a little bit fuzzy. I thought turn 9 was banked when the dogleg left was put in at the end of the back stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ToyTruk View Post
                  Hi,
                  FANTASTIC!!, never really thought much of this track, other than its great history. Till now.
                  What is the trac length? Are you going to land scape er; recreate it for the time period ?
                  As to my mind, with what's been done so far wILL take it to a Slots Mods level!! imho.
                  Please post more as you progress, Thanks for sharing
                  Not my build, unfortunately, , but I will keep updates coming as they are posted by the track builder. I don't know anything else about the track as the entire thread is in French and my French is very rusty....

Comment

Assuming copying is a measure of respect, I saw the table base in metal, and am going to get a welder fneighbour to build a modular base for my next layout...that setup tops slot mods..or takes what they do and adds a very modern feel to it.. Of course I like birdcage maseratis ...so that framing is natural..space frame slot car track

Comment

pistes bois

Comment

I think I see Sillage on the control panel......the guy that does the BLST stuff??? Maybe? It's a very cool concept! I wish I knew enough to do a/the switching system.
                        -Billy

Comment

Yes, it was designed, and built (CNC routed) I believe, by David of Sillage Racing, the guy that does BLST.

Comment

Hi there,

Happy to see this track on this forum.

It's my work indeed.

Since 2 monthes now the owner is dead. And I have no news of this track. I'm sad about this and for his familly.

best

david

Comment

RE; Riverside

Wow and yes, Sad! I hope someone has the enthusiasim & space to finish it propery! It would be a shame to not see his dream realized!

Comment

Working...
                              X