No announcement yet.

Volaterra Speedway under construction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be the landscaping i'm going for. This drop will hopefully be near the right front. in front of the 180 at the end of the straight. its the higest point on the track and i think lends it self to the cliff looking even more imposing. i'd love to hear any ideas on other possibities as i'm a novice with model scenics.

Comment

Nice design' I really like the flow of your track. I would like to do a 4 LANE track like this but with 24ft straight in back and smaller straights in front. Really nice/ INDYBOB
      Last edited by indybob007; 01-25-2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Bob Bob Bob, you got rid of your road course and built an oval, now you want a road course again?

Dave

Comment

Going to look good
          That big cliff is definitely do-able. Are you planning a building on top ?

Comment

Always nice to see a new track going up. Looking good.

Comment

I'm not sure I can pull of the building. It would be waaaaay out of scale. I'm going to start with the landscaping and see where to go after that.

Comment

Looks like a great layout that will be fun to drive. Very nice room too.

Rob

Comment

Thank you, it used to be my game room and had a pool table. that had to go once i wanted to expand my track to a proper size.

Comment

Great looking track. I assume from the photos the name is a play on Volterra, Italy? Wonderful town - stayed there for a few days some years ago. The Tuscan landscape would look excellent around a track - those cliffs and vinyards below Volterra would be great for filling the vertical spaces. As for buildings, how about something smaller and easier to construct than the church in your photo, just some simple farm buildings and agritouismos that are everwhere in the countryside. Maybe get some ideas from Luf's Targa Burnaby track:

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...d.php?p=351841

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=86355

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoFU...ature=youtu.be

cheers
                    Scott

Comment

Actually the name come from the italian words for Flying and Earth/Land/Ground. I wanted to have it mean flying on the ground. So its a take on the phrase Volando a terra. but as its also a city i do want to replicate the landscape you see above.

I like the housing you showed. i'll have to see if i can pull something like off.

Comment

Put in the last 3 pieces last week. that finished off the corner at the end of the straight. Now to do set the elevations and banking

Last edited by Impulse-ive; 03-07-2016, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Elevations and banking are set. You should be able to see the banking and the two flat corners. It will be fun to see what the laptimes are.

Comment

First layer of paint. Its starting to look like a track...

Comment

Painting completed, guard rails installed, and braid tape commensing.

Comment

Nicely done. I like the fact it has a variety of corners.

BTW - Any close ups of the track surface paint?

Comment

Working...
                                X