No announcement yet.

Volaterra Speedway under construction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does This count? It's taken from a short video clip. I could get a closer one tonight.

Comment

Very nice. I like the dark color,although it won't show the rubber build up as much. Will need to have an event there soon. Well done!!

Comment

You'd be surprised how well it does show up. My first track was dark and it showed tire marks. its more of a cool effect, You'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse-ive View Post
          You'd be surprised how well it does show up. My first track was dark and it showed tire marks. its more of a cool effect, You'll like it.
          Oh ok. I was at Pauls track last Friday and it was hard to see the rubber.

Comment

Is his track as dark as mine? it might be the lighter accent colors i use that make it show up. hmmmm

Comment

Is his track as dark as mine? it might be the lighter accent colors i use that make it show up. hmmmm
              I don't have any pics of Pauls track, but Billy assisted him with the color, I think it's the same?

Comment

I really like that you have two long straights and three short chutes with a good variety of turns. Are you running clockwise?

First layer of paint. Its starting to look like a track...

Comment

I plan on running clockwise but in tests both directions ran well. the main reson for clock wise was to have the car able to use their full trigger longer on the straight uphill.

Going conter clockwise helps beginners as there is less speed going into the flat corners. (the corners in the middle)

Comment

Adding rails and driling for the stations.

Comment

A couple progress pics. Stainless Steel Facia added with crome trim and Comicon Bag skirts being added.

Comment

higher angle shot

Last edited by Impulse-ive; 05-26-2016, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Looking very slick! I like your combination of different corners. How does it drive?

Comment

I totally missed this build. Great looking layout. Can you tell us the overall width and depth?

Comment

The table is 14' wide and at the center is 8' deep. the center front is 6'wide.

Comment

Thank you for the compliments on the track. Right not i've only been driving slower cars on it. to see if it does what i was planning. so far its does seem to be going as planned. the left inside turn is flat and meant to have the drivers/cars have to break earlier to not spin out. it leads to a slight down hill to the round-about corner with is also flat for the first half. this creates a lil area where you have to be careful. (at least when running the track clockwise)

Running counter clock wise is "easier" for newbies to the track. with teh longer runs coming out the flats it's less challenging and probably faster. The scoring wiring is not done yet.

Next i'm adding the track barriers, the wiring and then comes the landscaping.

Comment

Working...
                                X