• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RichD
    started a topic East Haven Raceway, East Haven, CT

East Haven Raceway, East Haven, CT

• RichD
    replied
    Here is a driver's eye view of the track.

[youtube]CEy-_csW_eY[/youtube]

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    Track Updates

I have updated my track somewhat. The driver's stations now have color coded plaques and bar stool seats. The fuses for each lane were replaced with manually resettable curcuit breakers and there are now XLR connectors along with the original screw post connectors. Track power is now coming from two 20 amp Mastech power supplies, each one does two lanes.

Last edited by RichD; 02-13-2016, 07:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SlickRick
    replied
    Nice!! I'd like to run on that!!! I live in EH and we race primarily t-jets, we should have a non race track day. Just some goofing around and what not. We have a track also and could always use some more "racers".

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    I have installed a couple of strings of blue LED Christmas lights on the ceiling to use when I run night races.

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    East Haven Raceway now has Trackmate. There is a 20 inch monitor at the back of the table.

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    Here is a video of racing under the lights.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nt=sizzler.mp4

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    Here is the track converted to an oval with the rest of the lights installed.

Leave a comment:

• j long
    replied
    racing in east haven

hi rich i also live in eh i also have sum buddies in the area that race ho scale give me a call my cell is 203 537 0441 any time your track looks great talk to ya soon jesse

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    Update

I got ambitious and stained the table and gave it a finish coat of polyurethane. All of the graphics have been redone.

Leave a comment:

• DaveKennedy
    replied
    Originally posted by RichD View Post
    That's some nice work Rich. Nothing better than running under the lights.
    DK

Leave a comment:

• Robert Livingston
    replied
    I grew up watching beat-up modifieds slipping in and out of the lights around decrepit West Haven Speedway, and to me, nothing makes oval track racing look better than lights. Nice work, RichD.

Leave a comment:

• dr vanski
    replied
    That looks awesome!

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    I have recently added lights for night racing on the oval track.

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    Temporary Oval Conversion

East Haven Raceway has temporarily been converted to an oval. It will be put back to its original configuration by the end of February, 2010.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X