Dad's Slot Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Dadds View Post
    MG is right. I did build these tracks. I think these are some of the rare few that are still standing where I originally set them up.

Enjoy!
    Chris

Chris, is that your track for sale on ebay? If I were able to do so sir I would happily catch a flight to your place just to play all day on those glorious tracks. Do you also make HO scale tracks?

Comment

Tudo, worth noting - this here thread is more than four years old.

Might be worth Googling/Phoning to see what's happening with Dad's Slot Cars these days; but keep on working with the internet, as it's getting info out to people about tracks as well as anything can these days!

Comment

Fun track for Parma and wing cars on the tri oval. Had fun here 10 years ago and held a birthday for my son here also. Thats a drag strip where you see neon. There's also a bar next door......

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
          Chris,

Did you build some tracks in Des Moines about 10 years ago?

JimD
          Wow! Old thread, sorry I didn't catch the question sooner. No, I don't think I've ever set tracks up in Iowa, but that doesn't mean they weren't tracks I built. I've always made them to be relatively easy to move around.

Comment

Originally posted by Tudo View Post
            Chris, is that your track for sale on ebay? If I were able to do so sir I would happily catch a flight to your place just to play all day on those glorious tracks. Do you also make HO scale tracks?
            Sometimes tracks I've built show up on ebay. As I'm late to this thread again, I don't know which ebay listing you're talking about though.

The pictured tracks are't mine in the sense that I own them, I built them for the man who wanted to open this family themed local destination and I think he hit the market well with the Dad's Slot Cars name.

I did build an HO track once but wasn't happy with the way it came out or the amount of time it took me to build so I made some notes on some tooling I wanted to develop, stuck them in a file and went on to the next project. I will come back to building those tools eventually but don't hold your breath, I'm not.

Comment

This roadcourse is built to the surface dimensions and standards of an original American Orange with the esses and the dip in the straight. ..without the mass of the heavy section and old materials.

Comment

Working...
              X