Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodrum Ridge Raceway - "The Ridge"

Woodrum Ridge Raceway
    In the home of Paul Shoemaker (SCI Writer)
    Liberty, KY

HO Scale
    Oval: 44 Foot Lap Length, 4 Lane all banked Tomy AFX Track.
    Road Course: 54 Foot Lap Length, 4 Lane various elevations, Tomy AFX Track
    Power: 21.9 Volt 3 Amp AC to DC Converter (Home made)
    Lap Counter/Timer: Slot Car Manager trigger by 6" dead strip section

1/32nd Scale
    Still in design phase, tables being built.
    Routed and taped, most likely a tri-oval with switches to allow road course access.

Woodrum Ridge's HO Track

that track looks awesome, i used to race ho cars in louisville when i was younger. i came with a guy named steve but, he passed away and i never got to come anymore. i remember racing at two tracks, i forget the guys names that actually had the tracks at their houses. i still have all of my cars as well as everything steve had, i've been thinking about trying to build a small track just to mess around on. i'd like to get the cars out and actually use them. they have been sitting around for too long and i forgot how much fun i had racing them.

Comment

River City Racing Club

I was one of the founding members of the River City Racing Club in Louisville back in the 80s and 90s. We had around 6-10 tracks at any given time as members came and went. There were a couple of Steve's in the group, Steve Ashley and Steve Corn. Was either of those the Steve you raced with?

-Paul

Comment

stumbled upon this thread while looking for ho tracks in my area. where is WRR now? any Ho t jet racers in Louisville area anymore? I race w track group in Lexington and getting my track ready soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jeeter View Post
          stumbled upon this thread while looking for ho tracks in my area. where is WRR now? any Ho t jet racers in Louisville area anymore? I race w track group in Lexington and getting my track ready soon.
          Hi Jeeter,

Do you race with the LRC club in Lexington? I know Stan S. and his kids. They race in my Racing to the Future program we do in the schools.

WRR is still around, and being worked on. I just finished converting the banking to custom 20 degrees pieces and I'm working up some new wiring and power. I spend most of my racing action promoting slot cars to students in the schools and have expanded Racing to the Future to 13 states and 3 countries. Between that and writing reviews and how-to articles, I keep my slot car hobby interests going.

-Paul

Comment

Working...
          X