Hours

Tues-Thurs 1-9
    Fri-Sat 1-10

Tracks

American Raceways Blue King

Notes

Hosting Raceway for the Mid-South USRA

Awesome!!!

Beautiful store!!!! I want to plan a road trip!!!

Happy New Year!!!
    Mike
    FunTraxx

Comment

Is Frugal's Speedway still open ?

Comment

Yes, I just spoke with Audra on the phone. Monday - Friday 2:00 - 8:00 Saturdays, too. Will get more information when I go by tonight. I think it's mostly 1/32 and 1/24th. It is the track that used to be in Wake Forest, NC.

They hold sanctioned races on Saturdays starting at 6:00. Audra said that in December they will be hosting a national level race.

See ya all there!!!

SandMan

Comment

Just talked to Hugh by phone, going to do some 1/24 practicing tomorrow. Never been and my 1/24 gear is vintage ! Probably outdated ? But I'm taking my 20 year old 4 ohm Parma with me and the old shoe box.

Will post results later,

Comment

Frugal's

Yes, we are open!

Mon-Fri 2pm-8pm
            Sat 4pm-10pm

New Owners:
            Scott and Trish Tidball

Sat night races start at 6 pm

11 S Main Street Franklinton NC 27525
            919-494-1600

Comment

Originally posted by hwmccullough View Post
              Yes, I just spoke with Audra on the phone. Monday - Friday 2:00 - 8:00 Saturdays, too. Will get more information when I go by tonight. I think it's mostly 1/32 and 1/24th. It is the track that used to be in Wake Forest, NC.

They hold sanctioned races on Saturdays starting at 6:00. Audra said that in December they will be hosting a national level race.

See ya all there!!!

SandMan

Yep ! Just like SandMan said, and Hugh sold to Scott a few months back. Nice smooth track for my old 1/24's.

Saturday Nights they race points for the Cup till Christmas, I think. Nice place on Main St. USA.

Air conditioned, music, big screen and clean.

Stayed there all day today, will return for sure.

Comment

Has Frugal's changed their hours?

I had an afternoon meeting in Raleigh today so decided to swing up Hwy 1 to take a look at Frugal's Speedway. Got there around 4:00pm and all was locked up tight. I guess I should have called first. I wonder if that is why so many tracks fail. Frustrated potential customers finding the doors locked and the "Hours of Operations" sign saying the store should be open.

Comment

Originally posted by CSRC View Post
                  I had an afternoon meeting in Raleigh today so decided to swing up Hwy 1 to take a look at Frugal's Speedway. Got there around 4:00pm and all was locked up tight. I guess I should have called first. I wonder if that is why so many tracks fail. Frustrated potential customers finding the doors locked and the "Hours of Operations" sign saying the store should be open.
                  This is a common problem with this business, the owner has no knowledge or seemingly no interest in slot racing and relies on a couple of hard core racers to maintain and operate that part of his business. I am right there with you, if I make time to support a business and drive to it and it is closed during posted business hours I find another place to spend my money. I have a belief that I do not steal your product and you do not steal my time.

Comment

Working...
                  X