Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slot Car Addicts of North Carolina (SCANC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slot Car Addicts of North Carolina (SCANC)

Slot Car Addicts of North Carolina (SCANC) has a loose "membership" of around a dozen guys and 7 privately owned 1/32 scale routed mdf tracks. Three of the tracks are right here in Winston-Salem only minutes apart. The other four are less than an hours' drive from here. There are no dues and we welcome all racers so if you're in the area send one of us a PM.

OUR MEMBERS:

sacesta (Steve Acesta), Winston-Salem
    modernslots (Rob Fowler) Winston-Salem
    mcseitz (Marcus Seitz), Winston-Salem
    scytruckin (Scott Yaeger), Summerfield
    olympus5 (Joe Yount), Greensboro
    ornery (Matt Hoffman), Greensboro
    saleen385 (Jim Fasano), High Point
    Cowboynj (Clarence Taylor), High Point
    kemtronracer (Jeff Buyer), Mooresville
    rawafx (Bob Weichbrodt), Winston-Salem
    BlueDevilDonnie (Donnie Dunnovant), Winston-Salem

OUR CIRCUITS:

Steve Acesta's Woodland Trace Raceway (aka Laguna Trace) ~ 80' four-lane routed mdf, Winston-Salem, NC

Rob Fowler's O.F.I. (Old Fart International) Raceway ~ 65' four-lane routed mdf, Winston-Salem, NC

Marcus Seitz' Buena Vista Motorsports Park ~ 55' four-lane routed mdf, Winston-Salem, NC

Jeff Buyer's Zombie Speedway East ~ 58' four-lane routed mdf, Mooresville, NC

Scott Yaeger's Leadfinger Raceway ~ 55' three-lane routed mdf, Summerfield, NC

Jim Fasano's unnamed ~ 65' four-lane routed mdf, High Point, NC

COMING SOON… SLOTZUKA!

Bob Weichbrodt's HO Tracks, Winston-Salem, NC:

108' four-lane original AFX track:

61' Wizzard:

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Best regards,
    Steve
    Last edited by sacesta; 04-15-2015, 04:29 AM.

Just bumping the thread up as I've added photos of two of the tracks and the race schedule for 2011.
    Steve

Comment

Bumping the thread again 'cause I added a pic of Jim's High Point track.

Comment

The racing and the group of new friends are outstanding!

Bob Weichbrodt
        [email protected]
        Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Hey Guys,
          Don't want to hijack your thread. Just thought I would introduce you to the NCSCA, North Carolina Slot Car Association. Here are some videos to show you our little but growing group of SCX Digital users. Its definitely a different type of racing but its a lot of fun and as you can see, we try to add a little enthusiasm to the racing!

[youtube]DDRV74c-rsw[/youtube]
          [youtube]uclhekCITXk[/youtube]
          [youtube]no4G2KsylvU[/youtube]
          [youtube]KxDxWDFBtwc[/youtube]
          [youtube]qMBIJ19oQ88&NR=1[/youtube]
          [youtube]ifLsvWuG4cY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
          [youtube]Ey9ippJmsSY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube]

Comment

Please contact me regarding your club. I have just moved to Salisbury & have several friends in Mooresville.

Thanks
            Frank
            [email protected]

Comment

In browns summit and would like more info please!

Comment

PM sent...

Comment

hey are you guys still racing? I'm new here and looking for a club to race with. I got into slots when a king track opened near my house. I went there for a while but they closed down. I even had a routed track I made there but the guy closed down and took off with my track I was just getting into 1/32 cars and plan to build a track but it may be a ways off till I have the space, till then was hoping to get in and do some racing!
                  thanks
                  Mike

Comment

We don't have a published schedule (yet) but I usually send out email notifications and post a thread on SCI when I plan to host races on my track.
                    Where are you in NC? PM me your email address if you want to be added to my list.
                    Here's a link to the SCI Track Directory thread that lists all of the clubs and organizations in NC - http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...play.php?f=152
                    Steve
                    Last edited by sacesta; 09-19-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I'm over in Moore county, anyone with a track near me?

Comment

Burtonbr (Bruce) is in Sanford. I think he has a routed tri-oval.

Comment

Im in the Concord, NC area. This summer I hope to start construction on a two lane MDF Digital track powered by the Scorpious system. I would love to meet with you guys maybe Maybe do some analog racing!

Comment

Hey Shift,
                            I just saw your post. Send me your email address and I will keep you up to date with upcoming race dates. There may be a race at one of our tracks this Sunday. My email address is [email protected].
                            Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X