North Carolina Slot Car Association - NCSCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proposed Rules for NCSCA

******All cars in ALL classes must be able to pit and change lanes on its own!*******

Nascar COT class

Body
    1. Body can be painted or decorated as you wish
    2. Minor trimming of the body may be done to allow free movement of parts.
    3. Lightning of the body is prohibited
    4. Body screws may be Loosened
    5. Interior must be stock and in stock position.

Chassis
    1. No trimming or cutting of the chassis is allowed with the exception as follows.
    2 Top of the chassis for the stock rear gear
    3. Adding tape to the bottom of the chassis to lesson motor pod movement is allowed.
    4. Stock Bushings only. No bearing are allowed or pro bushings
    5. Bushings may be glued or otherwise fixed in place.

Guide flag
    1. Guides may be adjusted up or down to achieve full engagement in the slot
    2. spacers or collars are allowed
    3. Stock braids ONLY! you can adjust them how you want but have to remain stock braids

Motor
    1 Must be a stock RX 42 motor.

Tires and Wheels
    1 Must be stock SCX Nascar tires and wheels. Can be trued to make round but nothing else.

Axle and Gear
    1 Must be stock Nascar axle and gears 9/27
    2 May be straighted but otherwise has to be stock.

Downforce

1 300 grams max
    2 No ballast weight allowed.

GT class

Any SCX GT car can be run. (except VETTE)

Body
    2. Interior will remain stock and in stock location
    3. Minor trimming of the body may be done to allow free movement of parts.
    4. Lightning of the body is prohibited
    5. Body screws may be Loosened

Chassis
    1 Adding tape to the bottom of the chassis to lesson motor pod movement is allowed. Or glueing solid
    2. Stock Bushings or scx pro bushings only. No bearing are allowed
    3. Bushings may be glued or otherwise fixed in place.

Guide flag
    3. Braids may be adjusted, rewoven, or replaced with any braid you want.

Motor
    1 You have the choice of SCX motor between the RX42, RX42B or the RK42

Tires and Wheels
    1.Any rubber or silicone tire may be used
    2. Tires may be trued
    3. Wheels may be trued or lightened but must be between 16.00 and 17.00 mm dia
    4 Any plastic or aluminum wheel are allowed
    5. tires may be glued to the wheel
    6 wheels and tires cannot stick out of the body more than a 1/8 of a inch.

Axel & Gear
    1. Any axel may be used
    2. Axels may be fine tuned with spacers or collars of any kind.
    3. Any gear ratio or brand of gear may be used

No ballast may be added for handling

Magnet downforce must not exceed 300 grams

DTM class

Any SCX DTM car can be run

Body

Chassis
    1 Adding tape to the bottom of the chassis to lesson motor pod movement is allowed. Or glueing solid

Guide flag

Motor

Tires and Wheels
    2. Tires may be trued
    3. Wheels may be trued or lightened but must between 16.00 and 17.00 mm
    6 wheels and tires cannot stick out of the body more than 1/8 of a inch

Axel & Gear
    1. Any axel may be used

VETTE class

Any SCX Vette

Body

Chassis

Guide flag

Motor

Tires and Wheels
    2. Tires may be trued
    3. Wheels may be trued or lightened but must be between 16.00 and 17.00 mm

Axel & Gear
    1. Any axel may be used
    3. Any gear ratio and brand of gear may be used.

LMP

Body

Chassis
    2. Stock Bushings or SCX pro bushings only. No bearing are allowed

Guide flag

Motor

Tires and Wheels
    2. Tires may be trued
    3. Wheels may be trued or lightened but must between 16.00 and 17.00 mm

Axel & Gear
    1. Any axel may be used

F1, CUDA and any stock class the host decides on.

Body

Chassis
    1. No trimming or cutting of the chassis is allowed with the exception as follows.
    2 Top of the chassis at the gear opening may be clearenced for a stock gear.
    3. Adding tape to the bottom of the chassis to lesson motor pod movement is allowed.
    4. Stock Bushings or scx pro bushings only. No bearing are allowed
    5. Bushings may be glued or otherwise fixed in place.

Guide flag

Motor
    1 Must be a stock RK 42 motor, RX42B, RX42 or (RX44 for F1)

Tires and Wheels
    1 Must be stock SCX tires and wheels. Can be trued to make round but nothing else.

Axle and Gear
    1 Must be stock SCX axle and gear.
    2 May be straighted but otherwise has to be stock.

Downforce
    1 300 grams.
    2 No Ballast weight allowed

Comment

If I missed something or someone wants something different just let me know! Not a problem at all to change it or discuss something different all together. I want everyone to have fun and be happy!!!!

Comment

I am just curious as to how you are weighing the cars.You state magnetic downforce not to exceed 300 grams.If the car weighs 100 grams does this mean on the magnet marshall i can set it at 400 grams or is the total weight 300 as shown on the magnet marshall?I am also wondering why you won't allow weight to improve handling when it will take away from the amount of magnetic downforce and not give anyone an advantage except there car may handle better.Isn't that what you want?I see a lot of talk of guide flag shimming.Never shimmed a guide yet,but i have added nose weight to help keep a front end down.What is the difference if the car weighs in.I would also think,because i use this method,that gluing your pod to freeze or limit movment is adding weight.This you are allowing.Just an observation. Remember fastest car dosen't allways win,many times it's the guys who can keep it on track and utilize anybody's elses mistakes.
        I was also wondering what your day consists of for #of races per class, qualifying,#of laps,and fuel usage.
        I also just noticed you are getting into tires and wheels with the emphisis on wheel size and not overall tire diameter.If i use a 15mm wheel with a tire on it measuring .803 and the 16/17mm has the same dimension with the tire on it.Why would the rim size matter if your not ruling on the tire size as well.Personally just saying aftermarket axles,wheels,tires and gears should cover it so tech on a car is easy.As we know the tire is part of the overall ratio and if you can change pinion and axle gears why not tire size.
        With this said ,all it takes is a crash with your high tech car and it's over.
        Last edited by thumpa; 03-30-2013, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thumpa View Post
          I am just curious as to how you are weighing the cars.You state magnetic downforce not to exceed 300 grams.If the car weighs 100 grams does this mean on the magnet marshall i can set it at 400 grams or is the total weight 300 as shown on the magnet marshall?I am also wondering why you won't allow weight to improve handling when it will take away from the amount of magnetic downforce and not give anyone an advantage except there car may handle better.Isn't that what you want?I see a lot of talk of guide flag shimming.Never shimmed a guide yet,but i have added nose weight to help keep a front end down.What is the difference if the car weighs in.I would also think,because i use this method,that gluing your pod to freeze or limit movment is adding weight.This you are allowing.Just an observation. Remember fastest car dosen't allways win,many times it's the guys who can keep it on track and utilize anybody's elses mistakes.
          I was also wondering what your day consists of for #of races per class, qualifying,#of laps,and fuel usage.
          I also just noticed you are getting into tires and wheels with the emphisis on wheel size and not overall tire diameter.If i use a 15mm wheel with a tire on it measuring .803 and the 16/17mm has the same dimension with the tire on it.Why would the rim size matter if your not ruling on the tire size as well.Personally just saying aftermarket axles,wheels,tires and gears should cover it so tech on a car is easy.As we know the tire is part of the overall ratio and if you can change pinion and axle gears why not tire size.
          With this said ,all it takes is a crash with your high tech car and it's over.

Because we don't have a minimum weight all the cars weight different so to get 300g of magnetic down-force you 1. zero the "Magnet Marshal". 2. place the car on the "magnet Marshall" on its side or on its roof off to either side of the steel rail and zero the scale once again. (if the car weights 100g when you take the car off the "Magnet Marshal" it should read Tare -100g) 3. place the car on the scale and adjust the magnet in the car until 300g is achieved.

Adding weight. "it will take away from the amount of magnetic down-force" because of the way we scale the cars this just isn't the case. the weight of the car will be automatically subtracted from the pull of the magnet. It doesn't bother me at all if you want to add ballast weight, but several members of our group have spoken out about this, so to keep everybody happy we took it out. with that said I have never nor will I ever add weight to an SCX-D car but hey thats just me. "What is the difference if the car weighs in?" We don't have a Minimum weight but we have broken our cars down into classes. Most of these classes the cars are with a few grams of each other with the exception of GT (the Porsche has a big weight advantage over some of the other cars. Its also harder to drive IMO) GT is also our most open class.

you can raise or lower the Guide Flag you can use shims to achieve this, but when your done the car has to be able to change lanes and enter the "pits" under its own power!! (its a distraction to other drivers during the race to take there eyes off there race in order to locate your car and place it on pit road) if you cant pit and you run out of gas your done.

"What is the difference if the car weighs in.I would also think,because i use this method,that gluing your pod to freeze or limit movement is adding weight"
          Four good Drops of "thick" Cyanoacrylate (super glue) is all you need bridge the gap between the sides of the pod and the chassis to "lock" a motor pod. it can be picked out with an Axcto knife or dissolved with lacquer thinner at a latter date for repairs or to free it back up.

"I was also wondering what your day consists of for #of races per class, qualifying,#of laps,and fuel usage."
          this depends on who is hosting the race so, ill let Waldeck answer this as he will be hosting this race

"I also just noticed you are getting into tires and wheels with the emphisis on wheel size and not overall tire diameter.If i use a 15mm wheel with a tire on it measuring .803 and the 16/17mm has the same dimension with the tire on it.Why would the rim size matter if your not ruling on the tire size as well.Personally just saying aftermarket axles,wheels,tires and gears should cover it so tech on a car is easy.As we know the tire is part of the overall ratio and if you can change pinion and axle gears why not tire size."

We have always allowed SCX-pro wheels which come in two sizzes 16mm and 17mm.
          because they are no longer available we will allow any aftermarket wheels that are 16 to17 MMm. if your using stock plasticSCx wheels then you can use what ever came on that car. as far as tires go you can use what ever you want unless its stated in the rules for that class
          Last edited by Shift; 03-30-2013, 03:07 PM.

Comment

thses rules still are not set in concreet. and if you guys are willing to make the drive down I dont think anybody will have a problem with your imput

Comment

You might want to reword the weight to be "total downforce" instaed of "magnetic downforce".Someone may take advantage of that and when it comes down to rules with these cars in matter of importance i think that weight and what motor's are the two most important.
              Here is a link to Bassmans car classes,You can clean it up a bit by not describing like rules for each class unless there is a different rule for that class(like your COT class).This doesn't make it seem like there is as many rules for each class and more of an invitation to race.Give it a look,it's pretty straight foward.

http://cmdsrc.weebly.com/car-classes.html

Comment

Originally posted by thumpa View Post
                You might want to reword the weight to be "total downforce" instaed of "magnetic downforce".Someone may take advantage of that and when it comes down to rules with these cars in matter of importance i think that weight and what motor's are the two most important.
                Here is a link to Bassmans car classes,You can clean it up a bit by not describing like rules for each class unless there is a different rule for that class(like your COT class).This doesn't make it seem like there is as many rules for each class and more of an invitation to race.Give it a look,it's pretty straight foward.

http://cmdsrc.weebly.com/car-classes.html
                these rules are far from finished and when the majority of the group agree with them. as a group we will all finalize and final edit the rules. These are just a rough draft at best. Most of the terminology used was "Max" and "Must Not Exceed". but your right it should read "Total"

I have looked at Bassmans rules in the past
                Last edited by Shift; 03-31-2013, 02:44 AM.

Comment

The rules were written up this way so everyone could see most of the classes individually and see what they thought. I would think stock classes would have the same rules but as far as GT, DTM, VETTE and LMP they did not start out all the same. As the group has discussed the rules they have pretty much ended up the same. So that begin said the rules will end up very condensed from the way they are right now. This was just our starting point.

Comment

Sounds good to me.I hope I can make it.

Current CMDSRC Class Champion in
                    Gt/Corvette/LMP/NASCAR
                    Danzilla

Comment

Hey Dan,

Would this be just you possibly coming down or Bassman and any other cohorts?

Jack...

Comment

It would be just me so far,but who knows.

Current CMDSRC track Champion for
                        Turnbullring & Whip City Raceway
                        Danzilla

Comment

I've been giving some thought to the rules and would like to make the following changes:

weight - "Additional weight may be added." (I don't think anyone uses it, but if someone wants to, why not, it will add weight to their car)

under tires and wheels - combine # 3 & #4 to read "Any wheels allowed and may be trued and/or lightened." (If I wish to use something other than 16mm or 17mm wheels, I/we should be able to).

Discussion?

Comment

I am fine with someone adding weight if they want. I will say that I do not think it should be allowed in the COT class but other than that doesn't matter to me either way.

As for the wheels I really don't care there either. The only reason why we wrote that up the way we did was so nobody felt like they needed to go buy any other wheels.

Whatever the majority wants is fine with me on both of these issues.

Comment

Yes, COT needs to remain stock.

By allowing any wheels/tires, no one should think they need to spend big money on a car, it's an option only.

Comment

Originally posted by waldeck View Post
                                I've been giving some thought to the rules and would like to make the following changes:

weight - "Additional weight may be added." (I don't think anyone uses it, but if someone wants to, why not, it will add weight to their car)

under tires and wheels - combine # 3 & #4 to read "Any wheels allowed and may be trued and/or lightened." (If I wish to use something other than 16mm or 17mm wheels, I/we should be able to).

Discussion?
                                Weight add as much as you want.

I hate to be the wet blanket here, but wheels is where this all started and is exactly why we are all discussing rules. and Ill take full responsibility for that. I showed up at the last race with a "trick" looking set of wheels. which upset some people within the group. I think for the most part the rear wheels should remain between 16mm and 17mm.

Comment

Working...
                                X