North Carolina Slot Car Association - NCSCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, LMP same as COT stock class.

Jonathan you bring up good points about introducing new parts. That is something that has not been put forth yet. I like the notion of someone recommending a new part, along with reason for it - i.e. I got these new wheels I've been practicing on and they seem to work really well. Etc... We then send group email to those involved for discussion. If the discussion is positive they get added. Timeframe? - How about 2 weeks before one of our races? This gives someone the opportunity to get said part for themselves and try it out. If someone shows up with said part at race, we discuss it but they are not allowed to run with the part as no one would have been able to get the part themselves.

I have seen some wheels in the $15 - $20 range, I wouldn't mind trying but I don't think I want to spend that amount.

Comment

• I know you guys have been discussing for a month or so and honestly I am just so covered up I havent looked or chimed in. Understanding the scarcity of SCX product, maybe we just add one other brand in each category of gear, axle, wheel, etc. Then if you want to add another we can discussing adding a third or replacing the first alternative.

Not sure on the process yet. Open to discussion. Maybe you suggest it and we can pull specs on weight, dimensions, etc. If its close and moves to a yes vote then I would think when the actual product comes in a physical comparison could be made? I mean I dont want people buying a bunch of stuff and when it comes in its all ruled out. And I dont think any of us want a constant email string of new product to be introduced.

maybe we offer just one additional axle, one additional gear (slot.it), maybe two tire options? just would like to see a narrow scope so its not so wide open.

Comment

• if your looking for an "Iroc" serries there are several "stock" classes. COT, Cuda, LMP, and F1 not to mention other one make only classes that have been proposed like an "aston Martin Class".

Comment

• Does it have to be all or nothing? cant we have a modified class that isnt wide open to anything you want to do? We all know how some of our group loves to push every limit. Honeslty, that doesnt interest me. Plus lets be real, how many classes can we run in one day matches when we get together 4 times a year max. No one is gonna be happy building pro cars or working on a series and that class never getting run when we all get together.

Comment

• Ok I am going to start off by saying this and getting it off my chest. When I saw this comment from BAHARRIS-Just wondering why the rules that were originally created are no longer good enough and all this new stuff is being allowed? Oh wait, maybe this is why:

If you cant beat them, change the rules...

It bothers me! No one and I mean no one has tried to single you out or change rules just to beat you. If you have a problem with a proposed rule give a reason. Something other than well we have never run that before. Well that is why we are discussing it here now.We have been discussing this now for a month and taking input from everyone. The excuse of I had not had time is crap. I know you were informed of the discussion going on. I work anywhere from 45 to 60 hours a week and have a newborn in the house and I have made time to be part of solution.Sorry I just thought that need to be said.

Addressing the rest of issues you have brought up.
            When we first started using SCX pro parts it was to make working on the cars easier and easier to tune on. Ross, Jonathan and I started using them for that reason. The pro parts are HEAVIER than the stock parts! No one said they were a requirement to run. The three of us picked these part because the were a little bit cheaper and honestly we found them first and just stuck with them. The price is good on these parts is good but the quality of the parts is not the best. I have had issues with the axles and gears and ross has had issues with the rims.

Price difference from scx pro to slot it is 3.50 for the rims and gear.
            Last edited by Scaleracing; 04-19-2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• no one is suggesting running all the classes open. the only ones we are talking about opening up is GT, DTM and Vette. last time we got together we ran 6 classes I can remember. that is more than we have run before and I thought that was great!

I suggested a fixed gear for the Vette class to cut down on some of this and it sounded like the majority wanted open gears. Doesn't matter to me either way. That is one class I'm fine with cutting back options. If you have a fixed gear it should not matter what brand gear you run. 27th is 27th.

My opinion on GT and DTM is they ought to be the most open! So to me out of 6 classes hopefully at all the events 2 classes that are more open doesn't sound to bad to me. I think both of these classes ought to be open gear ratios, tires and wheels. Just my opinion.

But if it will make more people happy to only introduce a few more parts then my vote is to make Slot it stuff legal. It is heavier so it wont make SCX stuff 2nd tier. It is heavier because there is more material there. More material around the grub screw=less stripping.

Since NOBODY knows what will happen to SCX I don't think its to out of the question to start using slot it stuff instead if anybody wants to.

Comment

• I think this thing has gotten way out of hand. This started out to just set some rules for racing.
                What Jonathan has put together seems fine.
                Someone tell me how much difference it is really going to make using a $20 set of wheels vs. a $5 set of wheels. In these races imo, I don't think it would be that much. You still gotta set the car up. If that doesn't happen...
                Ross is right about the gears.
                As far as tires go, once again, I don't think it is going to be that big of a difference. If I can't get S2's then I gotta go with something else.
                I don't think people are going to start spending tons of money on these cars, we really haven't in the past. It's just with the non-availability of SCX parts, you gotta get what you can. If it turns out to be something new/different that works well, then share with others. We've always done this in the past, sharing best practices when asked.

Let's put this to bed, and just race.

Comment

• I agree with Jack!

Comment

• Rules Finalized

Here they are! Ill have these printed up and ready to hand out May 4th. Moving forward from this point on all changes to the rules will be handled in this way, you can suggest changes and discuss changes anytime anyway anywhere but no changes will be made untill the following event in Person . so that everybody is present!

***************ALL CARS IN ALL CLASSES MUST BE ABLE TO PIT AND CHANGE LANES ON ITS OWN********************

Nascar COT class

Body
                    1. Body can be painted or decorated as you wish
                    2. Minor trimming of the body may be done to allow free movement of parts.
                    3. Lightning of the body is prohibited
                    4. Body screws may be Loosened
                    5. interior must be stock, and in stock position

Chassis
                    1. No trimming or cutting of the chassis is allowed.
                    2. Adding tape to the bottom of the chassis to lesson motor pod movement is allowed.
                    3. Stock Bushings only. No bearings or pro bushings allowed
                    4. No Ballast weight allowed

Guide flag
                    1. Guides and ARS must remain stock
                    2. Stock braids ONLY

Motor
                    1. Must be a stock RX 42 motor.

Tires and Wheels.
                    1. Must be stock SCX Nascar tires and wheels.
                    2. Tires and wheels Can be trued.

Axle and Gear
                    Must be stock SCX axle and gears 9/27.

Traction Magnet
                    300 grams Total "Magnetic" downforce

GT class

Any SCX GT car can be run. (except VETTE)

Body
                    2. Interior will remain stock and in stock location
                    3. Minor trimming of the body may be done to allow free movement of parts.
                    4. Lightning of the body is prohibited
                    5. Body screws may be Loosened

Chassis
                    1 Adding tape to the bottom of the chassis to lesson motor pod movement is allowed.
                    2. Motor pod can be "Locked" Glued in place
                    3. Stock Bushings or scx pro bushings only. No bearings are allowed
                    4. Bushings may be glued or otherwise fixed in place.
                    5. Ballast weight may be added

Guide flag
                    1. Guides may be adjusted up or down to achieve full engagement in the slot
                    2. spacers or collars are allowed
                    3. Braids may be adjusted, rewoven, or replaced with any braid you want.

Motor
                    RX42
                    RX42B
                    RK42

Tires and Wheels
                    1.Any rubber, silicone, or urethane Tire may be used
                    2. Tires may be trued
                    3. Wheels may plastic or aluminum, trued or lightened, but must be between 16.00 and 17.00 mm Dia.
                    4. tires may be glued to the wheel
                    5. wheels and tires cannot stick out of the body more than a 1/8 of a inch.

Axel & Gear
                    1. Any Axel may be used
                    2. Axles may be fine tuned with spacers or collars of any kind.
                    3. Any gear ratio or brand of gear may be used

Traction Magnet
                    300 grams Total "Magnetic" down force

DTM

Body
                    2. Interior will remain stock and in stock location
                    3. Minor trimming of the body may be done to allow free movement of parts.
                    4. Lightning of the body is prohibited
                    5. Body screws may be Loosened

Chassis
                    1. Adding tape to the bottom of the chassis to lesson motor pod movement is allowed.
                    2. Motor pod can be "Locked" Glued in place
                    3. Stock Bushings or scx pro bushings only. No bearings are allowed
                    4. Bushings may be glued or otherwise fixed in place.
                    5. Ballast weight may be added.

Guide flag
                    1. Guides may be adjusted up or down to achieve full engagement in the slot
                    2. spacers or collars are allowed
                    3. Braids may be adjusted, rewoven, or replaced with any braid you want.

Motor
                    RX42B

Tires and Wheels
                    1. Any rubber, silicone, or urethane tire may be used
                    2. Tires may be trued
                    3. Wheels may be Aluminum or plastic, trued or lightened, but must be between 16.00 and 17.00 mm
                    4. tires may be glued to the wheel
                    5 wheels and tires cannot stick out of the body more than 1/8 of a inch

Axel & Gear
                    1. Any Axel may be used
                    2. Axles may be fine tuned with spacers or collars of any kind.
                    3. Any gear ratio or brand of gear may be used

Traction Magnet
                    300 grams Total "Magnetic" down force

Other Classes

1. F1 and Cuda to remain stock (see NASCAR COT rules)
                    2. Corvette (see GT rules)
                    3. additional individual classes (not yet determined/listed can be added)
                    Last edited by Shift; 04-20-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• fantastic! just don't forget to add LMP in with cuda and F1

Comment

• Whew, hadn't been on this forum in a week or two, and wow you guys wear me out!!! I echo Jack's latest comments! Let's race!!!!

Comment

• I'll type up and print out the rules. They will be handed out at the may 4th race at Jacks

Comment

• Thad,
                            I am glad you decided to chime in, but I take exception to your comments. First off, I hadnt chimed in on the rules bc I have felt swamped of late. I dont really care if you try to validate you being more or less swamped than me, but considering you havent made it to a race in over a year, I think my concerns hold more merritt until you begin to contribute again. AND i think people in your own group can confirm that I was done with this discussion abd was staying out of it and was asked by other members to contribute to the conversation and join back in.

And the comment about changing the rules to beat me was partly in jest, but I do find it funny that after winning two straight events, all of a sudden rules are being changed to make the work I did obsolete so I have to reset-up my car.

But all of that is beside the point. This isnt about me. If you read my objectons, it is clear why I objected to certain changes and it had to do with cost, and ability to police. It seems as though you guys are pushing for wide open, anything goes racing and NO form of racing allows that. Nascar has set tech guidelines like templates and such, and that is all I was asking for. And if things like adding weight do not help (In gears or in ballast weight) then why is it now being allowed in the rules? If it so insignificant, why does it matter that it is allowed or not allowed? And someone please explain why we cant add on or two parts alternates and that is not enough? if its slot.it, so be it. If its slot car corner, so be it. Its not about the manufacturer, its about standardization. It still allows for working on your cars, but just not to have 1000 different things going in them and to keep things transparent. Only reason I can see objecting to that is if you are working on things for a competitive advantage that you are not going to share.

Ross, I am in agreement on the fact that it is not all classes, and only three. But lets point out that the three classes with modifications are the three classes that Charlotte has run and been modifying for years on. Its not like you are starting with modifications on a new class of cars. Not a shot at you Ross, just pointing out the classes that are being "opened up" are ones you guys have been experimenting on for years.

All of that said, you all can do what you want. It kind of looks like that has already happened anyway. So I am done with the conversation and defending myself. I was asked to voice concerns, I did so, I feel they are very valid to keeping the integrity of the league. If the majority feels otherwise, then I am out voted and we move on. But I will again say, this isnt a Brian issue, a Jonathan issue, a Jack issue or a Ross issue. This is a league issue and is key to keeping it fun, competitive and maintaining integrity and I feel having to wide open modification list is not in the best interest of the league.
                            Last edited by baharris3; 04-22-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• If I miss interpreted a comment I apologize. But saying my opion is not valid because I have not made a race in a while is uncalled for. I thought the idea of using this platform to iron out rules was a good idea. But in my opinion the forum allows for a lot misinterpretations of ideas or comments. Brian I should have thought about my comments a little bit longer before posting. I hate that any of this has gotten this blown out of proportion. The worst part is this a public forum for anyone to see and it does not shed a good light on our group. Brian I would love to try to work out any issues. Give me a call or send me a message on here or Facebook. My # 7043615452
                              Last edited by gooberthud3; 04-23-2013, 04:20 PM. Reason: miss spelling

Comment

• Hey all....just making sure everyone is still alive here

Lund Speedway is now open and anyone wants to stop on by to help me test it out call me 704-248-8527

Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                                X