• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina Slot Car Association - NCSCA Spring Race

After a long winter and missing some dates, we have a Race
    Saturday May 3, 8:30 -whenever
    At Jacks new house in Cary, NC
    here are some pics of the track. Also same Classes as we usually have and maybe a Night Race!

We're gonna move the race back one week to Saturday May 10th due to several factors. Previously we said 8:30 am - whenever. That will remain the same. I'll be having everything ready to go around 7:30 for anyone wanting to come early. Would like to start the first race around 9-9:30. The sooner we start the more races we can do.
    We'll start with COT, then DTM and then GT. After that we'll open it up -- Corvette's, LMP, Cuda's, F1's.

Something we have done a few times is night racing. With my garage, when the lights are all turned off and garage door is closed, it is pitch black. Racing like this is a totally different experience, and quiet fun.

The new address is 109 Equestrian Court, Cary, NC 27513.

As usual lunch will be provided.

Any questions, either post here or give me a ring at 919-656-1185.

Looking forward to another great day of racing.

Jack...

Comment

Ok, I really hate to do this but the race is being pushed back one week til Saturday May 17th. With Mother's day being on the 11th, it seemed best to push it back. Times and races will remain the same.

Jack...

Comment

OK thanks. I will check on availability. Not sure that is going to work for me, but will try to make it. We are some busy folks! Jon calls me but never leaves his # on the message, and I don't have it written down anywhere.

We hear anything from the Charlotte guys? Any newbies from the Raleigh area going to be able to join us? Hopefully looking forward to it!

Dave

Comment

Sadly I'm going to have to postpone this race for a short time. I've recently had back surgery, in the healing process now. I thought with the push backs we've had that I would be ready for it. I'm ready to race, the body isn't yet.

I'm thinking maybe sometime in late June. How does that work for you guys, Dave? Talked to Jonathan last week, they are back to working regular hours again, so let's see what we can do. Jonathan, what does late June look like for you guys?

John and I are working on the track, cleaning the rails and adjusting all connections for a snug fit, piece by piece. Well at this point John is doing most of the work.

Looking forward to racing with everyone, think you guys are gonna like the track. I'll post more pictures once we get it done.

Jack...

Comment

Ill do my best to be there!!
            ill be selling off all my scx track and accessories very soon so ill give all you guys first dibs.
            Ill be building a permenet routed track this summer

Comment

Yes, make sure you bring what trophies you have.
              Are you gonna be doing a digital or analog track? Will you be able to use the whole garage, if so you could have a lot of running room.
              Just let us know when you're ready to start getting rid of stuff, I'm certain we will be able to accommodate you.

Comment

New date for the race -- Saturday, June 21st. Doors will open at 8am, plan on first race around 9:30. As usual, we will start with COT, then move onto DTM. GT will follow after lunch. From there we could race LMP, Corvette's, Cuda's, etc.
                Previously, I had mentioned doing a race (class tbd) in the dark, just using the lights of the cars. This is a completely different experience, and a lot of fun.

Get your cars ready, come on over, and plan on having a great day of racing.

Jack...
                919-656-1185

Comment

One week til race day. Looking forward to some good racing.

Jack...

Comment

Looks like I will be flying solo from Winston. What is the roll call for the Charlotte crew?

Comment

We are actually going to make this a family trip tomorrow so if OK with you guys I may bring my son for part of the day. Wife will drop us off and may come back and pick him up later. He can hold his own racing me at home on our track pretty well, so think he will do OK for part of the time on junior speed if we don't have a ton of guys show up. We are leaving Winston at 8 and should be there around 930.

Comment

A great day of racing. A little on the warm side, although everyone had a good time.
                        We raced 5 classes, and the results are:

COT
                        1st - John C
                        2nd - Dave C
                        3rd - Jack R

DTM
                        1st - Jonathan R
                        2nd - Brian H
                        3rd - Dave C

Cuda
                        1st - Dave C
                        2nd - Jonathan R