RipCityRaceway!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RipCityRaceway!

I am slowly nearing the completion of my new track located in Beaverton, which will be a Scalextric digital track! My hope is to have the track completed for a racing series begining in September!

Yay, another SSD track within driving distance! I hope I can make it down when you have an event.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
      Yay, another SSD track within driving distance! I hope I can make it down when you have an event.
      For sure! I have been working hard on the track although it has gone a lot slower and much more costly than I anticipated it would be, but it is coming along

Comment

So after a long journey of divorce, losing my house and finding a new place I have finally gotten a new track up an nearly ready to run!

Comment

My track layout will be 4x17 and my plan is to incorporate scalextric digital into track with the conversion kit into my scx track. I am also trying to figure out what to use for the surface to cover the plywood

Comment

Try to eek out a little more width if you can. 4' is pretty limiting, but 5' opens up a lot of options. 17' is plenty for a nice long straight, especially if you can lead into and out of it with fast turns.

Comment

I was thinking about either that or making it 2 levels

Comment

Try to eek out a little more width if you can. 4' is pretty limiting, but 5' opens up a lot of options. 17' is plenty for a nice long straight, especially if you can lead into and out of it with fast turns.
                I will see what I can do there right now I have it as a high speed oval with a cork screen turn on one side bit I will explore the possibility of adding 6 inches to each side

Comment

RipCity.........Good to see yet another digital track coming together in the Portland/Vancouver. I am doing a digital routed track myself. Well if I can ever get the basement ready.

Joel

Comment

Originally posted by 1/32 slotter View Post
                    RipCity.........Good to see yet another digital track coming together in the Portland/Vancouver. I am doing a digital routed track myself. Well if I can ever get the basement ready.

Joel
                    Thanks man, its not digital yet but I hope to be able to convert it over soon, I have a couple of steps to go as I am going from a scx to scalextric digital. I know it can be done so I just need to find the stuff to convert

Comment

I am now trying to decide what material would be the best for the top of my track to put over the plywood tabletops, any thoughts?

Comment

I put indoor/outdoor carpet on mine. Dark green looks good enough for me. I guess it depends on how you plan on decorating, and if the table cover needs to look ok, or if it will be covered up with something else later.

Comment

I put indoor/outdoor carpet on mine. Dark green looks good enough for me. I guess it depends on how you plan on decorating, and if the table cover needs to look ok, or if it will be covered up with something else later.
                          I was thinking about that but I was also thinking about a rubber top as well

Comment

Rip you got a pic of what you been doing?

Comment

Originally posted by 1/32 slotter View Post
                              Rip you got a pic of what you been doing?
                              I don't but thats an easy fix I will go take one

Comment

Working...
                              X