144' Ogilvie pinched King

70' Oligive Tri-Oval

Hours:
    Monday, Thursday, Friday: 4:30 PM to 9:30 PM
    Saturday: 12:00 AM to 5:30 PM
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Sunday: closed

Owners:
    Karen and Chris Jorgensen

This raceway has been closed for a year or two.

Comment

That must be why I see nobody racing ...

Comment

Anyone ever wonder what happens to these poor tracks, themselves? Please tell me none have ever made their way to a landfill!!

Comment

Most have but a few find their way to another raceway. OWH list tracks for sale.

Comment

Yup, real sad this one; http://ssroclub.webs.com/ ended up in the dump and they documented it as well.
            What a shame, still can't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by rubber2ice View Post
              Yup, real sad this one; http://ssroclub.webs.com/ ended up in the dump and they documented it as well.
              What a shame, still can't believe it.

I would have given it away before cutting it up, what a waste and shame

Comment

Originally posted by stillplayswithtoycars View Post
                Anyone ever wonder what happens to these poor tracks, themselves? Please tell me none have ever made their way to a landfill!!
                You have to understand both sides of that story about what happens to the tracks when a slot car business closes down. With all due respect, what do you do with a track between 155 to 185 foot in length that is basically built out of MDF. If you have no ready made sale for the track or tracks you must consider the cost of storage. The tracks must be supported well or they will warp beyond repair. You must have some type of climate control again to protect against warping. With the number of tracks closing as opposed to opening there is not a great demand for these big road courses. By the time most tracks are about to close the owners (should I say the owned by the track people) have realized that if they stayed in business for the 2.5 to 3 year average they have spent most of any money they made in the first 18 months attempting to keep the doors open for the last 12 to 18 months and the only real profit they have is hanging on the peg boards and in the case. By the time most of these people are ready to close the last thing on their mind is how to protect and store a track. In the words of my partner in the slot car track, "If you do not buy me out I will use my half of the track for firewood".

Comment

Working...
                X