Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Slot Cars?

In South Dakota? Seriously?

Dude, c'mon. There are 12 people in South Dakota. I hear They are gettin the telegraph here pretty soon. Indoor plumbing and electricity they arent quite ready for yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Antilles View Post
      Dude, c'mon. There are 12 people in South Dakota. I hear They are gettin the telegraph here pretty soon. Indoor plumbing and electricity they arent quite ready for yet.
      ...or, just pack 'em up and head for "South" California!......

We done gone and got 'em here!!!!!

On a serious note, hope you find someone to "play" with!!!!

David

Comment

Perhaps Alan or Tony...

...or other mail-order vendors could help out and search their shipping records to see if they have any customers in SD. Post a flyer in local hobby shops and talk to the owners to see if there are any slot car folks locally. Good luck.

TOJ

Comment

open your own

Souix Falls, SD lists Dean's Raceway ?? and Donovan's Scuba and Hobby ?? as places to get slot cars. That's just a google search, but I haven't made the drive myself to check them out.

I know I've talked to the Silky's and heard of them building a track or two up there.

It's frustrating trying to find a local place to race, but its worth it once you do. I know I searched for a LONG time to find the local's here.

It's funny that two world class builder's live here, but there's no commercial raceway to be found. Also, they aren't involved with on-line forums very much. There are a couple clubs, but they are almost closed door operations. I 'found' the one I listed here through Craigslist. Might be a place to start.

Good luck!! You're always welcome to come race down here.

Comment

What if?

Folks that wanted their location known put it in their profile, and this forum could do a "search" by that information
            Nebraska is just a stone's through from South Dakota and we've got slot racers here
            You would think with all the migratin' going on to that little place called Sturgis that the population would be up from 12 by now
            Edit; I just tried, and if you go to Community,then search members,then advanced search it'll bring up members location. Shows 3 in S.D.
            Last edited by 2FER SLOTS; 07-30-2011, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by i31u32 View Post
              Souix Falls, SD lists Dean's Raceway ?? and Donovan's Scuba and Hobby ?? as places to get slot cars. That's just a google search, but I haven't made the drive myself to check them out.
              The Carrera website lists four dealers in SD (Pierre, Rapid City, SF), including Donovan's which is a Carrera Race Center. Several months ago Donovan's told me (by email) that their website was not very up to date but that their store has decent selection.

Keep looking; you'll find something. And the SCI advertisers include many good online shops that are very helpful.

Comment

"If you build it they will come".

Comment

Greetings from Germany

Hi to all of You in South Dakota, expecially in the Pine-Ridge-Area.

Wollie

from Carrera-County, Germany, Europe

Comment

Working...
                  X