• Show
Clear All

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Won't the cola CAUSE corrosion?

Leave a comment:

• DVD3500
    replied
    I use the purest alcohol I can get my hands on (you may have to go to a pharmacy to get it).
    You must use it in a well ventilated place (ideally outside) but it will cut through almost everything and evaporates so quickly you you don't need to wipe it down again.

It will remove any paint/markings on the track (some track has yellow warning/hazard signs painted on it).

If the rails are heavily corroded some people bathe it in cola (any brand). Some thin the cola, some use it pure. I used a 60/40 cola/water mix and it didn't do squat...

Leave a comment:

• jdavis493
    replied
    I was looking this up on a few different sites too. Some people swear by Formula 409 (not the oven cleaner)and a few others highly recommend most any of the citrus cleaners out there for all plastic tracks. The claim was the citrus didn't dry out or make track tabs brittle like other cleaners.
    I've yet to try either for myself, but I just bought some 409 for this. I'll try it 1st chance I get and let you know how it turns out.
    I like the idea behind the citrus cleaners a lot. I just don't know how valid those claims are. I'll pick up citrus next chance I get too. One can never have too many cleaners...except maybe my wife!

Leave a comment:

• tycosaur
    replied
    A few months ago my wife told me that she had a hard time trying to get the floor clean from the over spray of hair spray on the vinyl floor.

Just Google, how to remove hair spray from vinyl flooring. I would think it should work on plastic track too.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Big Bill
    replied
    Thanks guys I will give that a try.

Leave a comment:

• dw5555
    replied
    I just used Windex on my Carrera without an issue. I would think on Scaley just wipe it with a dry cloth after the windex.
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Sounds like a similar situation as me with some used track I got. The previous owner used tire glue to help the cars stay on the track. I have yet to find a solution that will completely clean the surface that I'm not worried will ruin the track.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X