My Carrera track progression 2016-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 32lbKING View Post
    Yes Cuda, good to see ya posting again Take it slow and don't over do things.
    Randy

Thanks Randy. - But if I move any slower than I already am I think I'll be moving backwards. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
      Nothing better than a little tinkering to help with the recovery. Take it slow.
      Dave

Thanks Dave. - Yup, it's good therapy.

Comment

• Great to hear you have plans for the new track's expansion. Like others have said- take it slow and don't overdo it!

Comment

• Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
          Great to hear you have plans for the new track's expansion. Like others have said- take it slow and don't overdo it!

Now, remember Bruce, the new endeavor isn't an expansion of my old track but a whole new layout assembly. I've already acquired most of the parts needed to complete this new project including six more driver's displays and another position tower so that I wouldn't have to rob the first track. I had an incredible amount of leftover track from previous purchases of used sets that I didn't need much more. (I still have a ton extra now)

After watching several videos of oval track slotcar racing online I thought it looked boring. It looked like lap times were only a few seconds long and it was very difficult to keep track of which lap each car was on. By making a very large oval I was able to increase lap times, make it easier for your eyes to watch the movement, and add in the pitting options for more strategy. The use of 4 lanes allows drivers to choose their lane to avoid ghost cars and the cars entering/exiting the pits. My initial testing was a lot of fun. I could see that it was going to be a track that would be much easier for younger kids to race on too.

I've already got the latest version of your software running on it. - Not sure why but I've found it to be more enjoyable on this layout than the last. Maybe it's due to some of the software upgrades you've made or maybe it's because this less complicated layout lets a person concentrate more on the interface.

Comment

Working...
          X