My Carrera track progression 2016-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Carrera track progression 2016-2017

I thought I'd post pics of the way my layout has changed from the time I first purchased a used Evolution set through it's eventual upgrade to digital.

More pics:

Comment

And more...

Comment

More...

Comment

Still more.

Comment

Even more. Now we're into the digital change.

Comment

Still goin'...

Comment

Comment

Wow
                  This is cool stuff, great to see all the progress. I feel like my slot car growth has been stunted now .

How long a time frame is all this ?

Comment

Originally posted by 2FER SLOTS View Post
                    Wow
                    This is cool stuff, great to see all the progress. I feel like my slot car growth has been stunted now .

How long a time frame is all this ?
                    Thanks 2FER. - About a year and a half. I already had the trees, street lights, and grass mat from an HO scale dragstrip that I no longer use. I didn't re-install the street lights this last go around because wiring them was so time consuming. Instead I opted to use several strings of L.E.D.s
                    Last edited by 1967Cuda; 12-08-2017, 05:33 AM.

Comment

I purchased another 100 unpainted figures for the track that I'll need to finish this winter. It's a bit of a struggle trying to find ways to keep them from looking like clones of one another. Sometimes I chop off their heads and arms so I can re-position them. Among the ones I'd done earlier I tried to make a little Richard Petty and Linda Vaughn. LOL.

Comment

I am super grateful to Bruce Yiingling for making that RMS software. It's because of my interest in it that I chose to join this site. I'm still trying to work some kinks out of it, - but it's really, really cool that he's shared his efforts with everybody.

I've been toying around with the idea of adding sounds to my cars. One idea I want to explore is to add a micro MP3 player/speaker inside of each vehicle so that I can loop the sounds of an engine running at speed. By mounting inside of each car, the sounds would travel and not have to be generated somewhere else on the track. I've also thought about using micro-Bluetooth speakers in each car instead. - That would allow me to transmit the sounds to each vehicle from one single source but the sounds would be identical even though they'd still be in motion around the circuit.

Comment

Very nice, and welcome to SCI. I especially like the concession stand and billboard signs
                          Randy

Comment

Originally posted by 32lbKING View Post
                            Very nice, and welcome to SCI. I especially like the concession stand and billboard signs
                            Randy
                            Thanks 32lbKING. Building the concession stand was one of my favorite things too.

I had leftover Lexan from making windows for my funnycar and felt it was an ideal way to put it to use. I Google searched for images that I could use for the interior and exterior walls, floor, etc... Then I calculated how much to resize them before using my printer.

One thing that I'm not crazy about is my use of old HO scale guardrail. It was handy because I had a bunch of it already but it doesn't do a very good job of keeping the cars on the track. I'll probably replace most of it with more printed billboard walls.

Wherever I could cut corners to save a few bucks I tried fabricating stuff out of scraps around the house. The grandstand is an old cardboard box with printed images adhered.

I'm running out of room on the layout for further additions but I'd still like to create a few trailer concession stands for the little people. - Maybe a beer garden.

Comment

That is outstanding!!! 2 things though, Rick should be shooting at Merle and Linda needs some upper body work done.

Great job.
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X