Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Carrera 132 Digital 16x6F - Update - THE LAKE

Hello guys!

After selling my old Carrera 143 track, I bought almost 3 whole sets and set up a new track 132. I started the assembly in the living room and will eventually go to the roof of the garage. will be suspended with steel cables...

Some photos and videos below. Cars recovered, tires created, Scalextric Interceptor converted, etc, etc.

In the end I want a scenery of valleys and mountains for the entire track.
    I hope you follow. Thanks and hugs

1 track:

2 layout:

3 Layout (final):

last video:
    [YOUTUBE]BoErF8p-9jI&t=[/YOUTUBE]

The sets were used, with cars even without tires. No problem. We'll find a way!

They also had cars needing more jobs ... **** happens I suppose. **** old owners!

Only two new Cars from Ebay, and Interceptor Converted do Digital:

If you can observe, I added a magnet bar in front of the car, and I let stronger the magnets behind the Interceptor. I did not like the quality of Scalextric. I found it much less than Carrera. Very light, very fragile material, and horrible guide! small and fragile. It took a lot of work to make this Interceptor run gracefully on the track against the Dodge Charger.

That's it for now.
    now I will start the work of scenery and structure for garage.

Hope you like it.

Last edited by Ex Inferis; 02-11-2019, 06:55 AM. Reason: upgrade THE LAKE

Comment

thx

Comment

new structure to put the track on the ceiling is ready. Now is to start the finish and reassemble the track, which will receive a fixed scenario.

accurate measurement, in order to open the automatic gate :P
        Last edited by Ex Inferis; 03-02-2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

If you're planning on a permanent layout, may I suggest using this pattern for your curves instead of the previously posted layout?

The layout in the picture posted on 12/17 is a "loop inside a loop" layout, which gives the outside lane double the disadvantage of a flat layout.

The layout in this post has equal-length lanes. It uses 18 curves, which I believe is the number shown in your previous layouts. You can add whatever number of straight pieces you have that fit your space.

Comment

The hoist set up looks cool. In case you had not planned on it, I would like to suggest adding safety chains for when the track is in the raised position to backup the cables.
            A couple members had their tracks fall from the ceiling onto a car when something in the cable/hoist system failed.
            Randy

Comment

Love the lift system. I have one in the works myself. How are you lifting the frame?

Comment

Originally posted by thatguy01 View Post
                If you're planning on a permanent layout, may I suggest using this pattern for your curves instead of the previously posted layout?

The layout in the picture posted on 12/17 is a "loop inside a loop" layout, which gives the outside lane double the disadvantage of a flat layout.

The layout in this post has equal-length lanes. It uses 18 curves, which I believe is the number shown in your previous layouts. You can add whatever number of straight pieces you have that fit your space.
                understand! It was a good idea, and I myself was already changing the layout. I did another layout and I sketched what I imagine of scenery, with some river, lake, tunnel and landscape.

I have 34 straight and 35 curves. but now I removed some, to make the simplest design.

Originally posted by 32lbKING View Post
                The hoist set up looks cool. In case you had not planned on it, I would like to suggest adding safety chains for when the track is in the raised position to backup the cables.
                A couple members had their tracks fall from the ceiling onto a car when something in the cable/hoist system failed.
                Randy
                certainly! my old track 1/43 fell from the ceiling, and it damaged a lot. This new one will have security cables. Thank you for your concern.

Originally posted by AGrandy View Post
                Love the lift system. I have one in the works myself. How are you lifting the frame?
                I'm using a simple counterweight system. in the fifth photo, you can see the temporary weights I'm using. with that, I go up and down the structure with one hand. no ratchets, no noisy engines. Just weight and balance.

I'll make a video demonstrating the ease of lowering and raising the structure. But for you to view the system now, I followed the layout of this video, see how great it is!

[YOUTUBE]4vjgy73QNzY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by Ex Inferis; 03-05-2018, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Your new design still is a loop inside a loop, both going the same direction, instead of being equal length. The outside lane in this design has twice the disadvantage of a flat circuit.
                  Last edited by thatguy01; 03-05-2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

This is a 500cm x 180cm design. Both lanes are equal length. As you can see, the red lane is mostly on the outside of the blue track pieces and mostly on the inside of the black track pieces. The fact that the blue section is much shorter doesn't matter; what matters to equalize the lanes are the curves.

Last edited by thatguy01; 03-05-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

This is a 500cm x 180cm design. Both lanes are equal length. As you can see, the red lane is mostly on the outside of the blue track pieces and mostly on the inside of the black track pieces. The fact that the blue section is much shorter doesn't matter; what matters to equalize the lanes are the curves.
                      My friend! Now Yes, I understood what you meant. If both cars NEVER changed lines, one would always have an advantage in the race. That was it? But my track is Digital, with 4 places for cars to change lines. would such measures still matter? If the track were analogous, that would matter a lot. But this matter in a digital track? Thanks for the new Layout, I liked it.

Comment

The problem with multiple lane switches to make the best time is that there's only one fast line. Two cars can't lap side by side for a lap unless the lanes are approximately equal.

Comment

The problem with multiple lane switches to make the best time is that there's only one fast line. Two cars can't lap side by side for a lap unless the lanes are approximately equal.
                          What problem ... I completely understood your point of view, and this is correct. But I do not want an autodrome. the idea was a trip scenario, something to appreciate the landscape. Now I do not know how to draw another layout. How did you measure the distances between the two tracks? Complicated...

thanks again

Comment

I Download the "Carrera Track Planner" and now I can see the lengths of lane 1 and 2
                            I will do my best

Comment

Assuming that you're making a complete circuit from evenly spaced plastic track, the specific twists and turns of the layout don't affect whether the lanes are equal length.

If you make a flat layout with Carrera 124/132 track, one lane will be about 60cm longer than the other. If you make a loop inside a loop (both loops going in the same direction), one lane will be about 120cm longer than the other.

Comment

Working...
                              X