Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Carrera 132 Digital 16x6F - Update - THE LAKE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    You don't want an autodrome. Sure. Problem is, all things equal, it will be very hard to make a successful pass around a racer who has control of the inside (short) lane. As soon as the racer exits the fast lane in order to make a pass, they will be on the long lane and have to drive even harder in order to not lose distance, let alone make the pass. It CAN happen, of course, but it will be much harder, and they might deslot in the attempt.

    When the lanes are equal using an outside loop, there might still be a preferred lane, but when two cars are vying for the lead, and are racing side by side until a pass either fails or succeeds, they will be changing position ever so slightly while making each lap, as one car is on the inside for part of the lap and moves slightly ahead, and the other car is on the inside for the OTHER part of the lap and itself moves slightly ahead. The one that takes the lead is the one that can drive clean, keep their head cool, and drive hard enough to earn that pass.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by thatguy01 View Post
      Assuming that you're making a complete circuit from evenly spaced plastic track, the specific twists and turns of the layout don't affect whether the lanes are equal length.

      If you make a flat layout with Carrera 124/132 track, one lane will be about 60cm longer than the other. If you make a loop inside a loop (both loops going in the same direction), one lane will be about 120cm longer than the other.
      I Do my Best for now

      Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
      You don't want an autodrome. Sure. Problem is, all things equal, it will be very hard to make a successful pass around a racer who has control of the inside (short) lane. As soon as the racer exits the fast lane in order to make a pass, they will be on the long lane and have to drive even harder in order to not lose distance, let alone make the pass. It CAN happen, of course, but it will be much harder, and they might deslot in the attempt.

      When the lanes are equal using an outside loop, there might still be a preferred lane, but when two cars are vying for the lead, and are racing side by side until a pass either fails or succeeds, they will be changing position ever so slightly while making each lap, as one car is on the inside for part of the lap and moves slightly ahead, and the other car is on the inside for the OTHER part of the lap and itself moves slightly ahead. The one that takes the lead is the one that can drive clean, keep their head cool, and drive hard enough to earn that pass.
      yes, as our friend had already explained, I understood the problem.
      Really complicated to redo a layout respecting these measures.

      But I think I've been able to keep the old idea,
      and recreate something that pleases me, respecting the measures of the two tracks.

      I will create some more tests, but now I understand how the Software works and
      how the track should be mounted.

      Thanks for the patience, and for the tips!
      Below the Layout and old measurements, and the new ok :






      PROGRESS TIMELINE:

      Comment


      • #18
        Plus some good tests, all with correct measurements. just to see the drawings.



        It began to get difficult to choose the best for me.
        .
        .
        .
        .
        but I think the best for race and for scenario, would be the number 5.
        I love the two great opposing tracks! And they turned very good curves too.

        Last edited by Ex Inferis; 03-07-2018, 12:31 PM. Reason: Layout 5

        Comment


        • #19
          New Layout!!! More pieces rsrs \o/ 26m.




          Initiating testing and adjustment of heights:










          Last edited by Ex Inferis; 03-29-2018, 08:21 AM.

          Comment


          • #20
            thinking and looking, I think this very messy drawing.
            Many piece. but it's not so beautiful. I think I'll remove some parts and leave it like this:



            Comment


            • #21
              I wouldn't use all those crossovers and squeezes. If you're considering buying track pieces, add a box of R4 curves (part # 20578), a pair of 1/4 straights (part # 20612), and a pair of 1/3 straights (part # 20611) to your inventory. That will give you a lot of variety and value for track design.

              Comment


              • #22


                Buy another piece is out of question. if I buy anything for this track, my wife cuts my balls off!
                So I have to solve the best layout with the pieces I have.

                This layout got smaller, but it was very clean and I found it beautiful.
                if you imagine some uneven terrain, it should look cool. I'll try some more ...

                Love Loop Layout and Testing an old Asus EEE PC 4G for telemetry.





                Comment


                • #23
                  Well, we certainly don't want any physical harm to come to you, so use what you already have. The track looks really good too. As you want to fill out the middle, build fences and support the track, you will be amazed at the product Home Depot/Lowes have, you know,.... when you go to pick up things for the house....... LOL

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Final Layout. I swear ... LOL
                    I really liked the result.

                    Best photos and video coming soon.








                    [YOUTUBE]Afut_qz86Jk[/YOUTUBE]

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Are you sure you want that curve hidden under another curve?
                      Dave

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Ex Inferis View Post
                        Final Layout. I swear ...
                        Sike!

                        But seriously, no it's not.

                        Also, I suggest some additional safety support when the track is raised up. I'd say one at each corner in addition to the winch lines, possibly more. There's nothing sadder than a track that fell on something equally or more expensive than the track itself. Better safe than sorry. No kill like overkill.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
                          Are you sure you want that curve hidden under another curve?
                          Dave
                          will not be too hidden. It will be an entrance and exit tunnel. With scenery will work. The angle where the pilot is, makes that area very visible. I do not think I'll have a problem with that. Check out the video. thx

                          Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
                          Sike!

                          But seriously, no it's not.

                          Also, I suggest some additional safety support when the track is raised up. I'd say one at each corner in addition to the winch lines, possibly more. There's nothing sadder than a track that fell on something equally or more expensive than the track itself. Better safe than sorry. No kill like overkill.
                          LOL. Will not fall!

                          In any case, that hooked nylon rope is very strong, and stays attached to the ceiling with hooks in the metal structure of the ceiling. thick nylon, and 10mm hooks.

                          Thank you very much for your concern. I already had a falling problem with the old track.
                          Eye this track almost every day! I check the cables, pulleys and knots.

                          Do not worry. If I consider it to be dangerous, I will enhance security. The video is bad, done at night. Did you like Layout at least?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            will not be too hidden. It will be an entrance and exit tunnel.
                            If you have a full house of drivers, not all drivers will be able to stand in a relatively small area that can see into the tunnel. You'll either have drivers from end to end on that side of the table, or drivers on the other side.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by thatguy01 View Post
                              If you have a full house of drivers, not all drivers will be able to stand in a relatively small area that can see into the tunnel. You'll either have drivers from end to end on that side of the table, or drivers on the other side.
                              I understood your point of view. but I only have 4 controls. Only 4 people can run. Two wires, which are very close to the tunnel, and two could get further, but I imagine that on the same side of the track. The maximum that can happen is that the runners will have to pay more attention and slow down in that region. The track is also very low. Below the waistline. This also makes it easier to see the entire track.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Don't do any landscaping or fixing the track down with any permanency until you've actually raced that layout with other people.

                                Just a tip. ;-)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X