My Carrera 132 Digital 16x6F - Update - THE LAKE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
    Don't do any landscaping or fixing the track down with any permanency until you've actually raced that layout with other people.

Just a tip. ;-)
    Yes! certainly! I'm going to do scenario tests, but I'll just fix everything, when everyone (family and friends) agrees that it's good. Many thanks for the support!

Comment

beginning tests for decoration of scenery.

with 1/43 car.

Comment

Nice work, Ex Inferis . I love cheap!
        What is that clump-of-something you are using the cheese grater on in pic 1 above?

Comment

Originally posted by OldStrombeckerGuy View Post
          Nice work, Ex Inferis . I love cheap!
          What is that clump-of-something you are using the cheese grater on in pic 1 above?
          thank you! I'm glad you liked it. I also liked the result. It's a piece of foam. nothing more. It's like the soft side of dishwashing sponge.

I'll have to make a ton for the scenario. It hurts the pulse just thinking.

Comment

You can use that ground foam stuff to make pine trees also. Just find some pine cones on the ground, spray them with spray adhesive or dip them in thin scenery glue, and roll them in the green foam. The green-coated pine cone pretty much looks like a pine or spruce tree.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumPhil View Post
              You can use that ground foam stuff to make pine trees also. Just find some pine cones on the ground, spray them with spray adhesive or dip them in thin scenery glue, and roll them in the green foam. The green-coated pine cone pretty much looks like a pine or spruce tree.
              great tip! thank you so much

to simulate sand? Any tips? saw dust?

Comment

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=96567

Dave

Comment

I do not know if I have understood correctly...
                  Did you use real sand, and sealed it with glue?
                  I do not want to use real sand because of the weight.
                  so I asked if I could use saw dust.

the effect is beautiful, and I understand the problem you had.
                  but my fear is weight. My track is getting heavy...

thx!
                  Giuliano.

Comment

now the thing is slower.
                    after creating about 20 more, I come back to mess with the track.

is pain in the *** some details. and using alternative materials is always more time-consuming. But the end result is compensating.

Last edited by Ex Inferis; 04-24-2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Great looking trees! Do you seal the wood/sticks before applying the foliage?

Comment

thx!

I did not sealed But it sneezes a lot of glue with spray, it should seal a little. LOL
                        Are you worried about termites?
                        dry wood can rot?

Originally posted by OldStrombeckerGuy View Post
                        Great looking trees! Do you seal the wood/sticks before applying the foliage?

Comment

hi! :P

Adjustments in the right curves. Changes in elevations. With that, the bottom of the track, became higher. Sorry for the bad nightly video.

[YOUTUBE]L_RJjtvSI0M[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

It looks like you are having good fun!
                            I get nervous seeing cars drive on elevated curves without borders or guardrails in the center of the layout. With my driving, the cars would keep falling off the cliffs.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by DrumPhil View Post
                              It looks like you are having good fun!
                              I get nervous seeing cars drive on elevated curves without borders or guardrails in the center of the layout. With my driving, the cars would keep falling off the cliffs.

Enjoy!
                              lol. Surely they end up flying with me also.
                              But all this will be verified with the scenario. Now I just protected the curves that would make the cars go off the track, toward the ground.

The track this saved because it has a lot of rock, earth and trees to do.
                              I bought some rock molds, and I'm testing colors.

I taught the technique to my little daughter, and she made this rock for me.
                              It was a lot of fun.

Now the work will be slow.
                              Glad you liked the track. Thank you.

Comment

After some problems with the future scenario, I have refined, simplifying, the right side again. Electrical part is ok. Plates are securely fastened. I think I can start the scenario now. The cars are running very well.

It will have only one tunnel and only one bridge.
                                It was very easy to see the cars in all the places of the track.

Small video test:
                                [YOUTUBE]DRR22T_rEWQ[/YOUTUBE]

THX!

Comment

Working...
                                X