Best way to secure Scalextric track to board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to secure Scalextric track to board

What seems to be the best way to secure Scalextric Sport track to a 4x8 sheet of plywood? I want to make a folding layout that can be put away when not in use. Thanks!

There were official clips that slide into slits on the side of the track. The advantage being that the track has room to expand and move around a little. Funnily enough, later Hornby said you shouldn't affix the track to table on the official page: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/sup...ck-maintenance (see last entry... )

Comment

Some people use silicone caulk to stick the track down.

Comment

If it's anything like Carrera track, you could use or modify the 85209 Track Fastening Stick.

Comment

Some sort of soft glue is probably best if you want to take up and redesign occasionally. Silicon or even hot glue would probably work. I have use very small Marklin train track screws but I would not recommend as some track damage occurs. Have not seen the trackclips but they sound good too. Regards Chas Le Breton

Comment

Scalextric track is made of a different plastic than Carrera. Carrera track is much harder/stiffer.
            Hot glue will stick and you can use alcohol to remove it later.

Comment

Originally posted by DVD3500 View Post
              Scalextric track is made of a different plastic than Carrera. Carrera track is much harder/stiffer
              It would make more sense now to use the Carrera Track Fastening Sticks.

Comment

I don't see how those would work or put another way the amount of modification would be the same as using some other method..-

Comment

Working...
                X