Realistic Scenery and Structures without Airbrushing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic Scenery and Structures without Airbrushing

I'm building an in-house 4'x10' track layout having added modest elevation techniques found in diorama and model railroading articles. The track is functional and I've moved on to making it look as good as possible. I'm wrapping up the landscaping (grass, dirt, trees, bushes, etc.) and will be moving shortly to adding the structures: official stands, garages, bleachers, etc. Has anyone found a method or guide to add realism to their buildings without having to invest in costly airbrush equipment? I've found a few articles on the internet that discuss using colored chalk and/or pencils but only in very general terms. I'm looking for a basic course or series of steps in decorating the kits I've bought to make them look good. I'll buy a can or two of spray paint but I'd just as soon pass on the whole airbrush inventory, expense, and learning curve.

Comment

https://youtu.be/mhvGbV35ZL0

Comment

Sorry for the double post. The website hiccuped and it didn't look like the video worked.

Comment

Thanks Porsche Racer! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Structures/scenery are my thing & I don't even own an airbrush. Most effects can be created using washes, dry brushing or chalks.

Comment

Working...
            X