No announcement yet.

Which track design software to use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sketchup - Go to File > 3D Warehouse > Get models, then search for Ninco track.

Slotman - go to Manage > Track Systems > Import

Comment

For anybody who wants a layout editor for Mac, there is Railmodeller.

In spite of the name it has plenty of Slot track libraries including Tomy AFX, Carrera Go, Carrera Pro-X, Ninco, Scalextric Classic, Sport & Digital.

Comment

Very relevant topic to me right now.
        There isn't anything I like.
        Slotman is pretty good and its not that hard to add the new pieces but I want 3d.
        Anyway, I've been toying with x3dom lately so thought I'd see how much it took to do a few pieces therein.
        The great things is viewing it in browser.
        Early times yet, just a few ninco pieces and I haven't even got to the automated part yet.

Comment

Just in case anyone is interested here's a scrn prnt straight from the browser...

Comment

Does Slot Man support SCX Digital or are one of the other options better.

Thanks.

Comment

No it doesn't.

Ultimate Racer or TrackPower are probably your best options for SCX digital.

Comment

I use the Scalextric Track Designer. It's certainly not the best, but for me it gets the job done.

Comment

I can't get the Scalextric track designer to work right

Comment

I downloaded and installed slot man. It doesn't appear to have a complete list of all the track sections for scalextric sport for creating my inventory. Am I missing something ?

Comment

No. It's old and out of date.
                      You can still design the track using classic pieces, as they have the same size and geometry. Just use 1.5 straight for a XLC and a half straight plus 90 degrees of R2 for a CLC.
                      If you want up to date pieces, use TrackPower or UltimateRacer3. I prefer TrackPower.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
                        No. It's old and out of date.
                        You can still design the track using classic pieces, as they have the same size and geometry. Just use 1.5 straight for a XLC and a half straight plus 90 degrees of R2 for a CLC.
                        If you want up to date pieces, use TrackPower or UltimateRacer3. I prefer TrackPower.
                        Ok, thanks

Comment

A lot of people have had trouble with Scalextric Track Designer.

There are free demo versions of both Ultimate Racer and TrackPower. I'd suggest trying both as they are quite different.

Or as MrF says, you can use the equivalent older pieces in SlotMan

Comment

So I bought track Power. Is there a way in that program to check the length of each lane ?

Comment

Yes. The tool icon just below the pointer is the lane selector. Right click the rail you want to measure, and it will select all connected rails. If you have lane changers, you'll need to select the path you want to measure. Keep right clicking until you get the whole path you want to measure.

Comment

Trackpower

I would like to buy Trackpower software. Their site says "
                                If you are interested in buying TrackPower or need more information, please send an e-mail to: I did this a few days ago requesting information on what I need to do to buy the software.
                                No reply as of yet.
                                Did anyone else run into this issue?

Comment

Working...
                                X