Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with design of Carrerra 132 digital track on an L-shaped table

Hi folks,

I have an L-shaped table in my living room, on top of which I plan to build a Carrera 132 digital track. I came up with a design which seems reasonable to me - it has a parabolic curve after just after the start-finish line, followed by a long straight, sharp left, two short straights with a mild right corner in between, second parabolic curve (I obviously love them), fast right corner, and eventually a chicane before the start-finish line.

Below are the black and white image:

and color-coded image:

Although I have plenty of Carrera track parts - this layout is not too busy since I also have diorama houses and trees to put around the track.

Please comment, suggest, modify, destroy ...

Cheers,

Mustang_GT

My experience with tight turns at the far corner of an L isn't good..inevitably that's where cars decide to go off...plus, sight lines can be an issue for L shapes..try putting down some painters tape as footprint and pretending a couple of drivers are racing..does someone block the others views? Do you have to strain your neck to follow the car...

I like the simple flow..it should be lots of fun

Comment

You raise good points Old Johnny, thanks

The sharp corner, in the corner of the table, will be in the corner of the room. So cars will not go very far. Although hitting hard concrete might not be the best for their longevity :-D

I have wireless controls, I hope players would not obstruct each other.

Comment

Slightly modified.

http://www.softyroyal.de/?t=6d33af3b

Comment

This was mine that served me well for 2 years before a complete redo. Size is about the same.
          Dave

Comment

I agree about the far corner of the L.
            This what I would consider doing. diagrammatically, you will have to play with it for your space.
            (also I would reverse the over under part of my overpass, I always show them reversed of how I run them).

Comment

Here are a couple of layouts depending on which direction the track runs.

These use one box or less of R2, R3, and R4.

Last edited by thatguy01; 02-06-2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

There was a guy on this site that built a track similar to this one on table tops a few years ago. He made a video of the track (music track was AC/DC...Who Made Who) but, I cannot find it anywhere on YouTube. Maybe someone remembers the name and can find the original post of the build. It had great scenery along with a urban feel to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffreyh513 View Post
                  There was a guy on this site that built a track similar to this one on table tops a few years ago. He made a video of the track (music track was AC/DC...Who Made Who) but, I cannot find it anywhere on YouTube. Maybe someone remembers the name and can find the original post of the build. It had great scenery along with a urban feel to it.
                  http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...t=29221&page=7

This one? I remember his YouTube video. Looks like it was blocked due to the song.

Comment

A couple of others, depending on which way you want to run.

These use one box or less of R2, R3, and R4.

Comment

Mustang, anything Thatguy does is golden in my books..he has a flair for changing radius curves that drive well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabata View Post
                        http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...t=29221&page=7

This one? I remember his YouTube video. Looks like it was blocked due to the song.

That is the one...you win a prize

Comment

Although this is not Carrera 1/32 but an 1/43 3 lanes track it is on a L shape table (5'.4"x14'x42") which the tracks alone are 8" 3/8 wide , it could give you some more ideas for your L shape layout

My thread of the 3 lanes track --> http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=73978

Mikey
                          Last edited by MikeySlotCars; 02-08-2015, 06:47 AM.

Comment

One more. Uses one box each of R2, R3, and R4.

Comment

Working...
                            X