Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snyderville Speedway - My First Track (Digital)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snyderville Speedway - My First Track (Digital)

So, as some of you may already know, this is my first track. I just got started with slot cars around July of 2016. I came across digital slot racing while searching for racetracks for my son, and I haven't looked back since. My Carrera journey began about three months ago, and I have been very pleased with my choice to go with Carrera. When I was still in the process of figuring out where and how to build a table for the track, I came across a 10'6" by 5'6" pallet at work that was going to be thrown away. It was promptly delivered to my house to be the base of my table. Unfrotunately, I did not get any pictures of the pallet itself. The table building process then began. The table ended up being 14' 3" by 6' 11". The best feature is the wheels! Yep, that's right; I put wheels on the bottom corners of the pallet. That was one of the best ideas for this whole setup. When the table in not in use, I slide it all the way up against the wall, which gives my wife enough space to park on the other side of our two car garage. That was one of the deals I made with her to allow me to take over half the garage, that she would still be able to park in the garage. Hey, happy wife is a happy life, right? After a couple weeks, the table had come together. I want to personally say thank you to thatguy01 for the layout design. All credit for the layout design goes to him. He is one of the best I have seen for Carrera Digital. Another big thanks goes out to mickeyslots for helping me get most of the track I needed for this layout. Without further ado, here are some pictures,

As you can see, there is nothing permanent about the track, because in the future, I plan on trying different layouts to change things up a bit. The track is around 60 ft. in total length. I currently have one set of jumpers installed, but I have another set and will be installing them soon. I plan on adding a few buildings, grandstands, emergency vehicles, and maybe a wrecker, in the near future, to give the track a bit more life. I also hope to add some lighting in the near future for 'night' races. There have already been several races with family and friends. It has been a ton of fun so far. Everyone seems to really enjoy it!

The layout design can be found in this thread,
    http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=95645

I have a few videos of racing on the track up on my YouTube channel. I plan on continuing to record and post a lot of racing videos. The videos aren't great, but I am completely new to making videos. So, i'm sure they will get better over time. Here is a link to my YouTube channel,
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9J...eCTNnkTno4Gs1A

If anyone has any suggestions for scenery, the track, or camera angles or editing tips for the videos, please feel free to share them!

Last edited by Josh S; 01-28-2017, 01:17 PM.

I love everything about this.

Subscribed!

Comment

Looks great Josh! Here's a pic of the beginnings being built on my garage floor (for the archives!). Love the videos!

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
        I love everything about this.

Subscribed!
        Glad to hear that. Thanks for subscribing!

Originally posted by mickeyslots View Post
        Looks great Josh! Here's a pic of the beginnings being built on my garage floor (for the archives!). Love the videos!

I totally forgot about that picture. Thanks for sharing that, Mickey!

Comment

Josh that is an outstanding track especially for your 1st track. Borders and everything. It looks like a very fun track to drive. I like the wheels on the table. Makes it easy to get at all sides of the table. Well thought out.

Dave

Comment

That looks great! The track, the setup, the plan to change things up- you're going into this well prepared!
            Lights add quite a bit. The little ones love them, of course, but they also add to the experience for us big kids...

Comment

Well done Josh... those side "net" barriers are a good idea with kids (and adults). It does look fun to drive... especially in big 124 cars.

Comment

I like this a lot! You have a very similar size layout to me and I really like this track! Great job!

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Thanks for all the kind comments!

@ Bruce, I do plan on adding some form of lights to the track in the very near future. Since I plan on changing the layout in the near future, I am probably going to go the easy route for lights.

@ DRW-FJ40, The side net barriers are gutter guards. I got them from Lowe's. I originally saw these used at 'The Kitchen Floor' digital track from DRAWW. So I contacted Greg, and he gave me the info on them.

Comment

Posted a couple more videos on Youtube yesterday,

[YOUTUBE]cqI8AmZTUfo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lPMv0l6rBgg[/YOUTUBE]

I will be uploading some more later this week.
                      Last edited by Josh S; 02-03-2017, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Well that didn't work as expected. Any mods know why the videos aren't displaying?
                        Last edited by Josh S; 02-03-2017, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Most reliable way is to use only the video ID in the YouTube tags. If you post just the URL, it may or may not parse correctly, but just be sure to never put the whole URL inside the YouTube tags.

Comment

Man, those things were FLYING! What power supply were you using?

Comment

Very nice layout and setup

I am just curious as to how you mounted the Ninco fenced barriers to the Carrera borders!
                              Are they just clipped on or did you secure them with some other method?
                              Do they stay on after catching a flying car or do your have to keep remounting them?

Comment

Working...
                              X