View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 08:09 AM
Club Racer
View VIASUE's Photo Album

Default Grounding

You can ground to 4 ground pins (pins 25 to 18 are grounding points) and is a clean way to keep each sensor isolated by ground points But I have never had any "Cross Feed" which I think the poster mean "cross talk" which is an old telephone complaint when you could hear others on youur phone line and very early on a PC network complaint ....BUT the is not an issue if you are using the proper sensor cables such as twisted pair....or shielded twisted pairs IF there is a great amount of electrical fields near by....and or emp's ...DC power on the track rails is not nearly enough to cause emp issues.

In general using the proper stuff you will not have cross talk / feed...and or dont use cables that are not twisted pair and you will be fine. As well the ground at one pin or more is a static ground which does not change state when a sensor trigger happens...Only the non ground pins change state BUT a poor ground will cause problems every time..that could be mistaken for cross talk/feed, weird triggering etc....and or damaged or pushed back / short connection pins in the connector or the PC ...both are a Heavy hand issue such as disconnecting connections by pulling on the wires rather than the connection housing or not being gentle when connecting and disconnecting cables...stuff like that is way more common for causing issue than old school cross talk problems....

I really wish we all could move on from this very very old issue
(cross talk/feed) that was resolved long ago by the above info and use of modern hardware supplies and techniques ...and or just buy one of our Plug & Play systems

VIASUE