MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 06-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Championship Contender
View gascarnut's Photo Album

Chris and all fellow competitors,

This has been a great Proxy to be part of, but I will be withdrawing my entry for the 2017/8 series. My work situation from now until the end of October will involve weekly travel across the country, and I just cannot see my way clear to building a car that will be competitive again.

I hope to be back with a vengeance in subsequent years, as this to me is one of the best Proxy Series I have ever competed in. I feel honored to have won twice and been runner-up twice, especially as I have seen how the competition has improved from year to year. The car I used to win the first series back in 2013 would not make it into the top ten now!

Good luck to all, I will still host my round and enjoy driving the cars!
Old 06-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Championship Contender
View arroldn's Photo Album

Chris,
Sent payment on May 29. Didn't see that reflected in your June 1 update. Paypal says you should have received it on May 30th.

Gascarnut, hate to see you drop out. Trying get to where you and others who have been in this proxy a while are. Hopefully my BMW will move me off the bottom.

Arrold
Old 06-03-2017, 10:44 PM
Championship Contender
View SuperSlab's Photo Album

Dennis

Sorry to hear that work is getting in the way of fun, but I totally understand as we all have to pay the bills. If it wasn't for opportunities for earning a living we would not have been able to participate in the hobby at all.

And just to add my sympathy on the flying across the country bit: I have had enough of that to last me a lifetime so I know what a pain that is.

Hope the work goes well and that you will be back shortly: it is important that we have the great performers in the proxy to drag the rest of us up!

All the best

Alwyn
Old 06-03-2017, 11:05 PM
International Racer
View Brumos RSR's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by gascarnut View Post

This has been a great Proxy to be part of, but I will be withdrawing my entry for the 2017/8 series. My work situation from now until the end of October will involve weekly travel across the country, and I just cannot see my way clear to building a car that will be competitive again.

I hope to be back with a vengeance in subsequent years, as this to me is one of the best Proxy Series I have ever competed in. I feel honored to have won twice and been runner-up twice, especially as I have seen how the competition has improved from year to year. The car I used to win the first series back in 2013 would not make it into the top ten now!

Good luck to all, I will still host my round and enjoy driving the cars!
Not cool you now have a full season to build a monster, can't wait to see it. I will miss competing against you....well maybe not as I just moved up one spot as I continue to run on or near the bubble for 2018. Just kidding
Old 06-04-2017, 08:26 AM
International Racer
View cgyracer's Photo Album

Going to miss staring at that orange Capri's bumper all season like I have been the last two seasons. The Capri was the baseline of excellence for us to strive for.....going to miss you!

Rob
Old 06-04-2017, 09:01 AM
Championship Contender
View F1Fan's Photo Album

Default No Gasnut!

I can only echo the comments posted earlier, you will be sorely missed and no doubt you want to maintain a high standard and put your best effort forward...

HOWEVER, that Capri came within a hair of winning this series and with a new pair of boots I am sure it can be competitive again, I am also sure we would all like to try and kick it's backside on final time.

Chris

Last edited by F1Fan; 06-04-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:03 AM
Championship Contender
View F1Fan's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by arroldn View Post
Chris,
Sent payment on May 29. Didn't see that reflected in your June 1 update. Paypal says you should have received it on May 30th.

Gascarnut, hate to see you drop out. Trying get to where you and others who have been in this proxy a while are. Hopefully my BMW will move me off the bottom.

Arrold
Indeed, my miss - updating payments now.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:12 AM
Championship Contender
View F1Fan's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelotalove View Post
I have changed my mind, (hopefully for a better one) and would like to be entered on the waiting list.
Payment on its way.
Lance
I called my car the yo-yo car in the previous series, due to it's changing results, now we also have a yo-yo entrant

Chris
Old 06-04-2017, 09:20 AM
Championship Contender
View F1Fan's Photo Album

Post #1 updated with payments, please let me know if I missed anyone.

I am traveling on business this coming week, further updates may be delayed.

Chris
Old 06-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Top Qualifier
View Smokeio's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by gascarnut View Post

Dennis, You'll be missed. Let me know if you need a good set of rubber tires.

Can I have his number? Does this mean he'll have to qualify the year after??? Neener neener neener.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:38 AM
Championship Contender
View F1Fan's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Fan View Post
Amazing to see the interest and support, also great to see a few names from back in the CanAm proxy days joining the field, not to mention a few more mates from Down Under!

We now have 8 names on the waiting list to join the 24 car field. We also have 21 entires that have previously raced in the series.

Here is what will happen next:

1) The due date of May 7th has now passed and the option for returning entries being guaranteed a spot is over.
2) If there are additional entrants that want to be placed on the waiting list I will accept two more for a maximum of 10 - we are now at 8.
3) All returning entries will have to pay the entry fee of $25 USD by June 30th - $5 more if you want to ship to my address in Sumas WA
4) After the due date (midnight Pacific Daylight Time) - we will see who has committed to the event from the current (2017) racers. Please note that the cut-off date/time will be enforced in order to be fair to those on the waiting list.

Those on the waiting list will then be provided with a deadline to pay the entry fee after which we will see how many cars in total we have paid up and ready to race.

If there are more than 24 paid up entries then all the newcomers will go into a shoot-out to determine who will race in the 2018 Group 5 proxy.

Entries that will not be guaranteed a spot and that will go into the shootout (pre-qualifying) to determine if they make the field, will have to:

1) pay for the shipment of the car to the event by the due date - October 31st
2) the car will race / qualify in Round 0 of the series
3) the fastest "x" number of cars will then join the 24 car field
4) the rest of the pre-qualify cars will then have $5 deducted from their entry fee and the cars will be shipped back - additional shipping cost will be covered by us.
5) the rest of the entry fee will be refunded promptly to the entries that do not make the field.

Next year the top 16 cars from the series will be guaranteed a spot in the 2019 event, the rest of the cars (position 17 - 24) together with any new entrants will have to go through the pre-qualifying event to determine who races in the new series.

I hope you find this a fair process, we would love to see YOUR car in the field while we also support the loyal current entrants, plus allow for the opportunity to see some new and fast cars in the series.

Post here if you have any questions, and hopefully you will race with us in the fastest 1/32 scale hard body proxy in the WORLD!

Summers get a bit slower on the forum, so please keep an eye on this section for updates.

Chris
REMINDER - payment due date is less than two weeks away - June 30th
Old 06-18-2017, 12:28 PM
International Racer
View NOISY MUSE's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Fan View Post
REMINDER - payment due date is less than two weeks away - June 30th
Let me ask this...if "guaranteed" entrants have not paid by the deadline do they become "pre-qualifyer" entrants and their previously guaranteed spot become open to the pre-qualify entrants?

Scott
Old 06-18-2017, 01:47 PM
Championship Contender
View F1Fan's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOISY MUSE View Post
Let me ask this...if "guaranteed" entrants have not paid by the deadline do they become "pre-qualifyer" entrants and their previously guaranteed spot become open to the pre-qualify entrants?

Scott
Short answer is "yes".

Entrants from last year that have paid their entry fee by midnight (PDT) - June 30, 2017 are guaranteed a spot in the 2018 series.

Everyone else including entrants from last year that did not pay and/or is from the years before and/or is new to the event will have to pre-qualify to race in the 2018 series. (maximum 24 cars)

I will however limit the number of cars on the pre-qualify list to a maximum of about 10

Chris
Old 06-19-2017, 04:33 PM
National Racer
View Coquitlam Kid's Photo Album

Well...it's a good thing I checked in. Thought I had sent my Payment in for Registration... but I guess I hadn't . All taken care of now. PayPal sent.

Chris. Could you please change my entry name from Coquitlam Kid to " Tequila Kid ". Going for some Cuervo or Le Patron sponsorship
Old 06-20-2017, 06:49 AM
International Racer
View cgyracer's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coquitlam Kid View Post
Chris. Could you please change my entry name from Coquitlam Kid to " Tequila Kid ". Going for some Cuervo or Le Patron sponsorship
That is so cool!!! I love it!

Chris I just paid this morning for myself, Dariusz, and Lez. Looking forward to the season!

Rob