AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 11-25-2018, 08:12 AM
International Racer
View k0z0oo1's Photo Album

Default Race 13 - Jax Trax Speedway

Hello all,
The cars are back in NEPA and the final race is scheduled for Dec. 2nd 2018 in Cortland NY. This is a 4 lane Scalextric Sport track, with 5 distinct turns and the back straight runs up hill! Track voltage will be around 10.5v. This is a very active club, but they mostly race Scalextric/Carrera with stock motors. Driver skills vary throughout the group so it should be a great race!

I will try to post pictures/video during the race day.

Not sure if there will be enough time for qualifying as I am driving (2-1/2 hours) the cars up in the morning and back afterward.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:40 PM
International Racer

Default The Final Race of 2018

What a race day!!! If anyone thought they knew what was going to happen at Jax Trax Speedway today, I would be willing to bet they would have been wrong! A super group of drivers from TCS (Tri-County Slots) and CNY (Central New York) Slot Car Club put on a thrilling show. As usual, I step aside and just keep the race running smoothly and Clem (wrlw) helped out on pit lane getting the cars into the correct lanes to start each heat.

Similar to how we have structured in the past, the cars were staggered by points position lowest to highest in the middle of the race, and back to lowest to complete the race. Dave's 4-lane scalextric track proved to be a verg good match for both the COY and COT cars!

The race results speak for themselves, but a few notes about the track. From outside to inside, lane order is Red, Blue, Yellow, Green. Cars started in Blue, then moved to Yellow, Then to Red, and finished in Green. It made for a little confusion early on, but definetly moved the cars around so they did not race next to the same one heat after heat.

A few cars had suffered mechanical issues prior to the race, and they were corrected as best we could, and most raced well. The #51 COT had suffered damage in past races, and the, what I believe to be, JB Weld that glued in the bushings and motor detached from the chassis. We did try to glue it back in place, and it held for a few laps, but eventually gave way again. It was able to run, but under breaking it would violently kick left even blocking the next lane... Drivers had to baby it around and ease it into the corners.

I want to thank everyone who helped race today! Dave S. for hosting us and Tom, Tony, George, Pete, and Ron for driving. This group of racers "got it" when it came to driving the cars to their potential but not really going over.

So, Here's the results!

What a race in COT! What a season for everyone overall!

Congratulations to EVERYONE for another successful season on DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series!

I will be taking podium pictures at Kozo Raceway Park, along with Points Season pictures.

Here are some pics from todays race, courtsey of Thomas Fiske.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:58 PM
International Racer

Also, please send me your return addresses so I can get the cars shipped out.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Club Racer
View ALS's Photo Album

Hey Scott I had a great time for my first Proxy with our group of builders. Hats off to the Podium of Winners in each class . Looking forward to next year already. Thanks to all the Hosts and there driver's. Happy Holidays to you all and a Happy New Year. Thanks Adrian ALS
Old 12-02-2018, 08:57 PM
International Racer
View GTOking's Photo Album

Default Season finale...

Dayuum, what a race day you guys had! Congratulations to kOzOoo1 and wrlw for their DaVols Forum Cup COT and COY Championships. Possibly, and definitely since my first year 2013, history was made in the DaVols Proxy with Scott's anglewinder COT and wrlw's COY with stock front wheels winning the points championships. Nice builds by both of you and unique from the norm in our series. And the COT race today....what!!!??? .06 of a second decided the race win and the championship! That is the most incredible result I have seen in proxy racing (I haven't seen them all, but really). I am honored to have been a part of it. Great season 2018 was and I do think the future of the DaVols Forum Cop Proxy is only going to get better. As The Old Jaybird always said, "stay tuned"!

Last edited by GTOking; 12-02-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:28 AM
International Racer

Ken,
It was a Barn Burner! I took the 38, 9, and 80 around the track during warm up and knew this race was going to be close. Following the heat results, both the 9 and 38 had good lanes and bad lanes. It was a nail biter for sure!
Old 12-03-2018, 08:00 AM
International Racer
View GTOking's Photo Album

6/100ths...I'm guessing about half a car length. Dang, I shoulda ran you up the track for the win! Or did you move me? Fun all the way to the checkered flag! Big thanks to the hosts and drivers at Jax Trax for a job well done. I'm thinking they had fun with the cars. And Thank You to Scott for the time and effort to get to and from Jax Trax to make it happen.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:21 PM
International Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOking View Post
6/100ths...I'm guessing about half a car length. Dang, I shoulda ran you up the track for the win! Or did you move me? Fun all the way to the checkered flag! Big thanks to the hosts and drivers at Jax Trax for a job well done. I'm thinking they had fun with the cars. And Thank You to Scott for the time and effort to get to and from Jax Trax to make it happen.

They had a blast!! I was very happy with the decision to use Jax Tax over Bloom Raceway. Much better venue
Old 12-04-2018, 10:07 AM
Championship Contender
View maddick1943's Photo Album

Default Thank You to Scott

Scott

YES a huge thanks for taking your time and effort in running the series ...... AND a big thank you for repairing my #51 this was my first failure in that area....****...anyhow thanks!

I'll text you adde in a PM !!!

Dick
Old 12-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Championship Contender
View maddick1943's Photo Album

Default pm's

scott

please ignore repeat post this site has become VERY maddening and frustrating to use

dick
Old 12-05-2018, 01:03 AM
National Racer
View GAS41T's Photo Album

Thanks to all involved for the round ...
Wow lap record, I’m speechless

Thanks rossko
Old 12-05-2018, 05:53 PM
International Racer

COY Podium

COT Podium
Old 12-05-2018, 05:54 PM
International Racer

I just noticed, the top 3 in both classes for this race matched in base color! White, Red, and Blue. very cool!