Welcome to the OLMS
We are trying to start a series for MODERN LeMans style cars. An endurance series.
This is a NEW endurance series and as such we will attempt to run longer heats with fewer rotations. All repairs, except those deemed catastrophic must be done under green flag rules. Cars will be placed in the Pit Lane at the start and in between heats. The series will feature Race to Line.
As this is a fun series, should a particular car fail, a backup car (with 2 minute sit out penalty) can be used. Track calls will be used when multiple car pile ups occur.
This is a multi-race series. You can enter all, or as many as you like. Points will be awarded as per the current F1 style and a trophy will be presented to the points Champion.
Since this is a “drivers” series, you do not have to run the same care each race. You can vary what you run. It is essentially an open series with a few common sense rules as follows:
- 2.4 hours to 24 hours
- 12 minute heats for the first race, with 4 rotations (36 x 4= 144 min or 2.4 hrs)
- Any modern era plastic chassis manufactured car as per below:
Panoz LMP-1 Roadster S
Cadillac Northstar LMP
Hobby Slot Racing
Bentley EXP Speed 8
Lister Storm LMP
Avant Slot, Scalextric, SCX, Carrera
Scalextric, Avant Slot, SCX, Carrera
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP
Scalextric, Avant Slot, Carrera
Porsche RS Spyder
- Wheel, motor or gear combination of any variety maybe used.
- Normal slot car rules are applicable, including wheels inside the widest part of the body and of course each car must have a driver, mirrors, wing, etc.
- Tires are the only control point and will be handed out.