MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 03-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Top Qualifier
View Jerry LaGesse's Photo Album

Default DP`s

are the rileys and dallaras close enough to provide a good pair of racers ? considerin` a pair of these for my next venture . . .

jer
Old 03-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Championship Contender
View Modlerbob's Photo Album

Jerry, I would say yes. The chassis are virtually identical and their all up weight is within a gram of each other. With mine the edge goes to whoever is the better driver.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:16 PM
National Champion
View svanaken's Photo Album

I would have to agree. We ran Racer DPs as one of our year long plastic classes last year and they were pretty much equal.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:00 PM
Top Qualifier

thanks guys , still considerin` what pair to get next . might wait for the sideways group 5`s , or might try a ninco lightning pair .

jer
Old 04-03-2012, 02:57 AM
National Racer
View f1rem0uth's Photo Album

I personally have only got the Riley cars, I don't yet have any Dallara's but I will be buying a few soon, I have the new EVO6 flexi chassis's ready to swap in.

I like the look of the Dallara cars, and the rear of the car looks to be much better designed to withstand damage compared to the Riley cars, of course it is a different car so that is why it is different.

My Riley rear bodywork detail, fender/struts, was broken a good few times on my first new cars, although surprisingly I was able to just superglue any damage back together and it is still ok, with no missing detail, but for actual racing against other people this damage could suffer worse. You can always leave of the rear fender/struts detail if you wish if/when they get broken off, although would be easier to do that from a kit build in the first place.

But for racing I would think that the Dallara would be the car to go for, just because of the bodywork detail being better suited against damage. Performance wise I doubt their is anything between the Riley and the Dallara.

The new EVO6 flexi chassis works great on plastic bumpy tracks, although if I am correct I think you guys are mostly wood racers, which tends to be flatter, the standard EVO 6 chassis is probably best for wood, which is great as it saves you having to upgrade and swap in a different chassis to suit.

Last edited by f1rem0uth; 04-03-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:14 AM
Top Qualifier

well , i thought about it long enough . got ninco lightnin`s instead .

jer
Old 04-04-2012, 02:50 PM
International Racer
View mikeinclover's Photo Album

I really think you are making a mistake Jerry. The Ninco is no where near the car the Sideways is.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Championship Contender
View Modlerbob's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinclover View Post
I really think you are making a mistake Jerry. The Ninco is no where near the car the Sideways is.
I was going to say that. I would gladly trade my Ninco Ford GT Lightning for another Sideways DP.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Top Qualifier

a little late , but , good to know guys . as i stated , if`n they don`t pan-out , off to the sale lot ! we`ll see . had to try one . i really liked the sport audi and lambo i had but they have fixed/ridgid chassis and i have enough elevation changes that i need podded cars with a front end that can flex also . (axle loose and bushingless is enough) so , gonna try a couple ninco lightnings . if they are a beast and more suited to flat wood tracks , well another lesson learned .

jer

my interest has also been stimulated to try the new group 5 cars comin` from marco . so , we`ll see .
Old 04-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Championship Contender
View retro racer 44's Photo Album

I have one Riley DP. It has an extra spoiler attached to the rear end with two panels that hang down each side. Correct the to read it "had". After about six or eight attempts to re-glue the bits back in place, I finally got fed up and removed it. It seems to run as well as before, and I think those parts may have not been on later 1:1 Rileys anyway.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:13 PM
International Racer
View mikeinclover's Photo Album

The Sideways cars have a pod in they they have all Slot it running gear with adjustable front axle mounts and at $55.99 they beat a Ninco any day , did Ninco ever fix the chassis on the Lighting cars that kept breaking?
Old 04-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Top Qualifier

mike ,

somethin` i didn`t relate . i had the mathews car several years ago . first release . it was a total animal . i raced on the floor then and it pushed my 14 turn copy of estoril all over the place . i sold it . i know that marco and maurizio are "in bed" so to speek , and share ideas and parts . as i said , if the ninco`s flop , i just might wait for the new group 5 cars . as for the ninco chassis i`ve read the threads that have been about it . seems to be alot less previlant these days . i`ve also read about the so called hop . the nincos that i have had have not demonstrated either trait . i do believe it is because my track is not flat and it is not predominantly straight .

thank you sir , jer
Old 04-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Championship Contender
View Nor Cal Mike's Photo Album

Those panels on the side would be the aero package that they all run at Daytona. You are right in that they don't run them all of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro racer 44 View Post
I have one Riley DP. It has an extra spoiler attached to the rear end with two panels that hang down each side. Correct the to read it "had". After about six or eight attempts to re-glue the bits back in place, I finally got fed up and removed it. It seems to run as well as before, and I think those parts may have not been on later 1:1 Rileys anyway.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Top Qualifier

bob , mike ,

what can i say ? they arrived today . what a let down ! you both had an insight i didn`t have ..

jer
Old 04-11-2012, 04:40 AM
Top Qualifier

i find that i must say . the ninco`s , now paired appropriately , are really growin` on me . might even pop the mags out of my slot.its and give them a non mag attempt !

jer