Good idea, thank for updating the old poll. I think this could really help the manufacturers.
Got an idea, and maybe this will help the digital companies in improving their systems.
I initially started with SSD
, and loved it. I now race analog HO, and love it also. I still have my SSD
, and plan on keeping it. One day I hope to have the space to set both up. But since I have too choose between one, I've chose analog. Here are my reasons for switching in order of significance:
1. Technical problems/failures with SSDC - ruining race nights.
2. Significant damage to cars resulting from crashes - simple fix: race more SR cars, not a big problem.
3. Cost factors - a bit pricey; not a definate determining factor though, but feel there is a big price hike between ssd
analog and digital, especially the power paks, and digital chips, as compared with other brands.
4. Space constraints
What it would take me to switch back to SSD
Improving the reliability of the SSD
system - correcting glitches. In my opinion, the quality of the equipment has a lot of room for improvement. Cost would not hinder my decision if the equipment was reliable, and longer-lasting.
1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the las poll, I think SSD
was the top choice.
2. There is a substantial spread between SSD
and Carrera, this was very surprising to me. Maybe this will close a bit as the poll progresses. If the spread continues, this could be an indication that there is room for more competition.
2. I've noticed on his forum that there are many posts regarding problems with SSD
, and significantly less with Carrera's digital system.
Not to talk down either brand, but I may have started with Carrera if I was aware of all the problems with SSD
, but at the time I went with SSD
, the 7042 was not on the market yet, but who knows, now looking hind sight.
Thanks again for updating the poll.