MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 09-21-2016, 01:32 PM
Championship Contender
View BSWAN72's Photo Album

Default Analog pit stops?

Does VIASUE support analog pit stops out of the box? If not, do you offer an add-on for this feature?

Best regards,
Brian
Old 09-21-2016, 11:53 PM
National Racer
View DVD3500's Photo Album

Or get ARC ONE, fashion some adapters and use the Brake Mod :-)
https://slotcarp.wordpress.com/#Conclusion

VIASUE HAS ALLOWED THIS LINK...THE LINK HAS BEEN VETTED

Last edited by VIASUE; 09-22-2016 at 09:20 AM. Reason: VETTING OF LINK
Old 09-22-2016, 08:21 AM
Club Racer
View VIASUE's Photo Album

Default Analog Pit Stops and Refueling

Right out of the Plug and Play box or Kit you can race fuel or non fuel races...by pitting / stopping over your lane lap sensor...the time spent pitting relates to how much fuel you get...cool A :>)

HOWEVER as we speak RC is testing VIASUE isolated pit stop sensors that will be included as an "ADD ON" Feature built within the sensor track of your track type for a P&P experience.

For kits wanting isolated pit cable and sensors from our usb processor ...it will have pre soldered / wires terminated by our pit stop sensors...for layouts upto 16 lanes for kit and P&P....

Sooooo for now you can pit for fuel "AS IS" for P&P or Kit for no extra charge OR isolate your pit sensors from your fuel sensors...for a cost to be determined but for sure under 100$ for a 1 to 4 lane layout = one shielded cable with 1 - 4 pit sensors...two shielded cables for 5 to 8 lanes ...and two usb processors with cables and sensors for 9 to 16 lane layouts...as usual ...all are physically shielded ( due to electronic physics ) from electronic noise and its issues , of course ;>)

GO ! VIASUE & RC ...you cant loose !!
PS :: Soon To Be Released a 3 lane routed layout video showing ALL of VIASUE and RC Features including every plug and play / kit add on features of= call, individual lane relays OR one master relay, heat leader LEDs( in track, tower, billboard or light bridge as possible variations), race countdown tower, fuel pits, isolated pit stop sensors...everything is fully shielded ...the only add on not shown will be our shielded quick disconnect couplers ( shown at our web site as an add on purchase )

PPS:: What is next in our bag of tricks = W I F I is in R&D as well

Last edited by VIASUE; 09-22-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:25 AM
International Racer
View NCSS's Photo Album

Default Interesting!

Very interesting idea. Is the idea that with the add-on pit sensors one can have a longer re-fueling area, making it easier to stop in the correct place?

I'm a big fan of VIASUE and I'm sure the WI-FI product will be excellent. For anyone who can't wait, one can currently enable Wi-Fi in RC using a router. The British club EAHORC has a PDF on the Internet that is most helpful for those of us without much network experience. One can find it by searching for "Duffer's guide to Race Coordinator."

Keep up the good work!

Edit: It occurs me that perhaps VIASU is intending a wireless unit from the sensors to the computer? If so, my apologies for being dense. That would also be very cool.

Last edited by NCSS; 09-22-2016 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Addendum
Old 09-22-2016, 01:18 PM
Championship Contender
View daufderh's Photo Album

That is correct. The idea of the extra sensors is to allow you to define either different places to stop to do a pit (in the rare case you have a flipper and pit row in an analog track) OR it lets you define an area between two sets of sensors. However far apart you install the sensors determines how much room you have to pit... For really bad drivers like me this makes a world of difference, and it will hopefully eliminate the stop/go/stop/go creeping up to the pit sensor that can happen otherwise...
Old 09-22-2016, 04:58 PM
Club Racer
View VIASUE's Photo Album

Default EAHORC has a PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSS View Post
Very interesting idea. Is the idea that with the add-on pit sensors one can have a longer re-fueling area, making it easier to stop in the correct place?

I'm a big fan of VIASUE and I'm sure the WI-FI product will be excellent. For anyone who can't wait, one can currently enable Wi-Fi in RC using a router. The British club EAHORC has a PDF on the Internet that is most helpful for those of us without much network experience. One can find it by searching for "Duffer's guide to Race Coordinator."

Keep up the good work!

Edit: It occurs me that perhaps VIASUE is intending a wireless unit from the sensors to the computer? If so, my apologies for being dense. That would also be very cool.
Could you please provide a link to that PDF wifi info / link it within this thread would be great...
You are correct we want to eliminate as many wires and connections as possible.
You are also correct we want a wifi Blue Tooth add on feature as well
We would also like one day to be able to just set down, in a track layout,add on features like, wireless countdown towers, or wireless heat leader indicators, however we cant get around wires for power..... Tesla Where Are You When I Need You ??

Of course RC will be spear heading all of our fantasies of the future...Thanks RC

Thanks y'all for contributing
VIASUE
Old 09-23-2016, 09:31 AM
International Racer
View NCSS's Photo Album

Default Sure

Here's the PDF link to the EAHORC document "A duffer’s guide to setting up Race Coordinator to broadcast on a small wireless network."

http://eahorc.weebly.com/uploads/1/4...c_wireless.pdf

EAHORC has become THORL, according to their web site, but it is very nice of them to leave the EAHORC web site up for historical and informational purposes. So thanks to them!

I suggest interested parties save the PDF file, as it does seem to be difficult to find this document using the google.

I have successfully used the wireless feature of RC with a variety of devices, anything that has a browser should work. The only two minor bugaboos I have found are that gaming consoles seem not to cooperate, at least on my setup as I am NOT connecting this little LAN to the Internet, it's strictly for slot cars. I'm using an old Netgear router I had gathering dust.

The other issue is that my iPhone wants to switch back to my primary household network when I walk back into the house. Obviously neither of these is the fault of RC, and the second can be solved by deleting my primary network temporarily.

Typically we set up an iPad in the kitchen, so that there is less shouting for someone to come to the table.

Best wishes.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:26 PM
Championship Contender
View daufderh's Photo Album

Can somebody point me to the owner of that website/document? I haven't read through it completely but if it's useful for setting up RCLive I'll post it on my site. That should make it a bit easier to find, but I'd prefer to ask for permission first.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:02 PM
International Racer
View NCSS's Photo Album

Default Thorl

According to their web site, EAHORC is now THORL.

http://thorl.weebly.com

They also have a Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/HORACINGLEAGUE/