AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 07-25-2012, 08:13 PM
International Racer
View cartnick's Photo Album

Default EMSA'S Racing Circuit

EMSA's RACING CIRCUIT

The EMSA Club races on 7 different tracks around the South Puget Sound area . 4 Sport and 3 MDX
Routed venues . All the tracks have a unique history and all have their own varied racing personalities .
I'll try to give a accurate account of each track , hoping it's close to fact . Also knowing my descriptions
my not be the gospel , if one feels the need to correct something , please PM me and I'll try to make the
proper corrections .

FOSSUMHEIM ; Came into existence as a thought of Debi Kliman . With hopes of continuing the local
interest in the hobby . She felt there needed to be a track tied in with Fantasy World Hobbies . Thus
the Fantasy World Warehouse track was born . A large 20 X 8 table , Scalextric Sport Raceway . I'm
not sure it met the planed goals of the Kliman's but it was great for the club . Hosting many PSSRA
races, Proxy events and Manufacturing Challenge Races it got plenty of action .With our Buddy Dave's
latest move the track became available . Roger Ram Jet stepped up to the plate and purchased the
track .Roger was is in the middle of building a new shop , added a second floor and is now the tracks
new home. Thanks Rog ! Fossumheim has gone under a course change by adding a over pass to the
to the layout . It's evened out the lanes and made the racing that much closer .

SPA MASENCHAMPS ; This track is a little different than most the tracks we race on . It's long and
narrow 4 X 16 and 3 lanes . It's actually Tim's first routed track , now residing at Blair's . It runs
about 50 feet . With several squeeze sections and tight turns , Masenchamps is a track that demands
patience , timing and vision . Always a challenge and a blast to race on .

VICTORY LANE ; Well Vic's made the switch from Classic to Sport and it's just one more nail it the
Classic's Tracks Coffin . Pretty much the same layout , maybe about a foot longer . The best thing about
it is the elimination of Coy Corner and a couple other areas of unexplained offs . It's already better than
before and as it settles in with time and use it should do nothing but improve . Vic's also added a new
variable power supply , no more rocket racing . It's amazing what one can find under their tracks table !

SCALERACING CENTER We've witnessed the end of a era as Alan has opened his new facility . Yes
the Windsor has been dismantled a moved to a undisclosed location . The New ScaleRacing Center is
now up and running , at this time it offers 3 tracks with 2 more in the works . I'd have to say the 8 lane
track is a little more forgiving than the Windsor and the 6 lane track demands more attention . All and
all I'm looking forward to spending more time on both the big tracks . This is Alan's latest contribution to
the scaleracing community . The Windsor had more than served it's purpose over the years and miles it's
traveled . The end of a era and the dawn of another . Thanks to Alan , his passion for the hobby and the
actions taken to bring it to fruition . I've said it before but we are very fortunate to have Alan in our own
back yard as a true Ambassador and Leader of our Hobby .

RAINIER RACEWAYS ; One of EMSA's toughest venues . It's our only Digital track and Greg's put
in hours of time making it analog friendly for most our series races . Greg's even gone as far as
putting a chip in everyone's series car when possible. With up to 6 cars for our IROC races and
only 2 lanes, it's more than interesting. A definite challenge for most of us not used to the Digital
way . Thanks for all the work Greg.

CASCADES RACEWAY EMSA's latest venue it's also our most south track located in Lacey .
Dan did a incredible job building his routed 3 laner . Just getting Started in racing he took on the
task of designing and fabrication of all components cutting , routing , wiring and timing system .
The track itself is a blast to race on having all the challenges one looks for in a Slot Car Circuit .
Dan made fantastic use of the limited space available for his new hobby !

THE BRICKYARD ; Another of EMSA's challenging venues . It's layout and scenery make it a visual
challenge (for me anyway ) along with mutable examples of track boarders to none at all . A circuit
where like no other , lane can dictate your timing and aggressiveness . Where Marshaling at times
can be a challenge of it's own . As a club we are getting a better grip on the layout but there are still
some areas of unforgiving off's to racers who get caught up in the action . Bob is in the process of
turning the table 90 degrees and working on a more user friendly layout and maybe cutting down
some trees .

SUMMIT ARCHER ; at this time has been disassembled and moved to my place with hopes of being
reconstructed in the not so distant future . Tim also has plans to build a Roval once he gets settled
in to his new Job and work place .

Last edited by cartnick; 12-17-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Championship Contender
View Blair M's Photo Album

Pat, great pictures and commentary. Nicely done.

Those plans for a future routed track look awesome, hope it comes to fruition one day.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:29 AM
National Racer
View flyracing's Photo Album

Default Talked to Gerry !

& he said you guys are more than welcome to race your programs at RED DEVIL RACEWAY also !
Old 08-06-2012, 11:44 AM
International Racer
View cartnick's Photo Album

Thanks Craig , and thank Gerry for his offer . It is something that will
be brought up at the next race .

Pat

Last edited by cartnick; 11-29-2013 at 11:23 AM.