SCI Logo

Scalextric USA
Pioneer Slot Cars
SCIs  MarketPlace, the online slot car mall
Carrera Slot Cars
Fly Model Car
BRM Model Cars
NINCO
MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
  #31  
Old 02-06-2016, 02:46 PM
rubber2ice rubber2ice is offline
National Racer
View rubber2ice's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Weston Village, (Toronto)
Posts: 349
Default

Thanks Ron for hosting a great event. I enjoyed the small cars. Thanks as well to Charles Goertz for giving me a fast car to run, if the gear had not slipped I might have had something for him and GC.

Congrats to Charles and Giancarlo on a great run.

Have fun tomorrow gents.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-06-2016, 02:48 PM
Tim ... Guy's Avatar
Tim ... Guy Tim ... Guy is offline
International Racer
View Tim ... Guy's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 569
Default

Thank you Ron and everyone who came out to combat for the crown. Tony and i were pleased with our results and as Tony put it when can we do it again...

Luckily no cars were permanently injured during the filming of the race and the expected explosion of the T&T car never occurred (insurance $ wasted).

Tim Snyder
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-07-2016, 04:27 PM
Pro Stock's Avatar
Pro Stock Pro Stock is offline
Championship Contender
View Pro Stock's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 2,619
Default Feb 6, 2016 - South Loop

Hello everyone,

The 2016 Scalextric Canadian Nationals turned out to be a Fantastic Race!!! What a turnout! 16 drivers showed up to claim the crown......only one would have it. So without further ado I officially award the Title to Charles Goertz!!! He ran a well driven race as both a driver and car owner, just edging out the team car that was driven by Terry who finished in 3rd place overall. Lucky that gear failure late in the race was to Terry's car and not the team owners!

Giancarlo ran the race of his Life!!! It was a tremendous effort and the result easily could have gone either way. He missed the Win by 24' after 30 minutes of racing. Any one of the incidents that either car got into could have changed the result. Well done GC.......I am sure a Win is not far off.

Here are the full results.......

Charles - 256 46'
Giancarlo - 256 23'
Terry - 252 70'
Bill D - 247 25'
Ravi - 246 38'
T&T - 245 37'
Dave - 239 46'
Mike V - 238 10'
Daniel - 238 9'
Ron B - 236 37'
John B - 224 6'
Doug - 224 49'
Glen - 217 72'
Sal - 206 9'
Sam - 183 22'

Fast Laps

Charles - 6.719 (R)
Giancarlo - 6.709 (G)
Terry - 6.683 (W)
Bill D - 6.859 (P)
Ravi - 6.933 (P)
T&T - 6.910 (P)
Dave - 6.965 (W)
Mike V - 7.078 (P)
Daniel - 6.855 (W)
Ron B - 7.116 (R)
John B - 6.907 (G)
Doug - 7.149 (G)
Glen - 7.453 (R)
Sal - 7.585 (R)
Sam - 6.842 (W)

Thanks to everyone that came out. We had a packed house with both drivers and spectators. Stay tuned for the Official announcement about the 2016 1/32 Carrera Canadian Nationals due up in March. The official rule set and announcement will be this week. Get yourself a 1/32nd scale Carrera GT Car. No Big wheels, No Big Wing, No Doors, no go for this race. The cars will all be VERY Stock.

Stay tuned to this forum........

Ron
Race Haven Hobbies
www.racehavenhobbies.com

Last edited by Pro Stock; 02-08-2016 at 07:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-08-2016, 02:12 PM
JohnnySlots's Avatar
JohnnySlots JohnnySlots is offline
National Champion
View JohnnySlots's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock View Post
Hello everyone,

The 2016 Scalextric Canadian Nationals turned out to be a Fantastic Race!!! What a turnout! 16 drivers showed up to claim the crown......only one would have it. So without further ado I officially award the Title to Charles Goertz!!! He ran a well driven race as both a driver and car owner, just edging out the team car that was driven by Terry who finished in 3rd place overall. Lucky that gear failure late in the race was to Terry's car and not the team owners!

Giancarlo ran the race of his Life!!! It was a tremendous effort and the result easily could have gone either way. He missed the Win by 24' after 30 minutes of racing. Any one of the incidents that either car got into could have changed the result. Well done GC.......I am sure a Win is not far off.

Here are the full results.......

Charles - 256 46'
Giancarlo - 256 23'
Terry - 252 70'
Bill D - 247 25'
Ravi - 246 38'
T&T - 245 37'
Dave - 239 46'
Mike V - 238 10'
Daniel - 238 9'
Ron B - 236 37'
John B - 224 6'
Doug - 224 49'
Glen - 217 72'
Sal - 206 9'
Sam - 183 22'

Fast Laps

Charles - 6.719 (R)
Giancarlo - 6.709 (G)
Terry - 6.683 (W)
Bill D - 6.859 (P)
Ravi - 6.933 (P)
T&T - 6.910 (P)
Dave - 6.965 (W)
Mike V - 7.078 (P)
Daniel - 6.855 (W)
Ron B - 7.116 (R)
John B - 6.907 (G)
Doug - 7.149 (G)
Glen - 7.453 (R)
Sal - 7.585 (R)
Sam - 6.842 (W)

Thanks to everyone that came out. We had a packed house with both drivers and spectators.
www.racehavenhobbies.com
Sorry I had to work and missed it. Judging by the fast laps my McLaren would have been VERY competitive.

Congrats to all, especially the top 3. Looks like quite the battle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock View Post
Stay tuned for the Official announcement about the 2016 1/32 Carrera Canadian Nationals due up in March. The official rule set and announcement will be this week. Get yourself a 1/32nd scale Carrera GT Car. No Big wheels, No Big Wing, No Doors, no go for this race. The cars will all be VERY Stock.

Stay tuned to this forum........
www.racehavenhobbies.com
Hmmm... so that Group 5 Beetle I bought would be legal?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Giancarlo Giancarlo is offline
Novice Racer
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 24
Default

Thanks Ron. Just want to say it was really nice to see and hang out with some new faces. Hopefully the carrera nationals has the same appeal as the Scalextric because I would love to do it again. Definitely, driving a Scalextric around the track as fast as possible was one of my highlights in racing slot cars. So much fun
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-09-2016, 05:06 AM
Pro Stock's Avatar
Pro Stock Pro Stock is offline
Championship Contender
View Pro Stock's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 2,619
Default

It was a Great Run GC. Keep focusing on having a clean run and the Win will come.

It sure is Johnny!

Ron
Race Haven Hobbies
www.racehavenhobbies.com
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-10-2016, 05:45 AM
arbe999 arbe999 is offline
National Racer
View arbe999's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 476
Default

Thanks Ron, had a great time. Looking forward to the Carrera race....my kind of race box stock yahoo
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-12-2017, 05:59 AM
Pro Stock's Avatar
Pro Stock Pro Stock is offline
Championship Contender
View Pro Stock's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 2,619
Default 2017 Scalextric Canadian Nationals

Hi Guys,

See post #1 for the rule set and all official info about this years race. I think running both National Races on the same day is a great idea.

Race Date - Sunday March 5, 2017

I changed the rule set a bit so be sure to give it a good read. Aftermarket chassis are now allowed, see post #1 for the breakdown of the rules.

2 Weeks away guys, Don't Miss it!

I hope to see Charlie G back out as he is our Defending Champion.

Ron
Race Haven Hobbies
www.racehavenhobbies.com

Last edited by Pro Stock; 02-15-2017 at 03:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-12-2017, 10:24 AM
JohnnySlots's Avatar
JohnnySlots JohnnySlots is offline
National Champion
View JohnnySlots's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,280
Default

Sounds good Ron. Too bad I have another slot car event scheduled that morning with a Daytona 500 "American Thunder" theme. And then it's home in time for the Daytona 500. If it was a week later I'd be all over this!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-12-2017, 12:29 PM
Tim ... Guy's Avatar
Tim ... Guy Tim ... Guy is offline
International Racer
View Tim ... Guy's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 569
Default

Maybe if i start walking on Monday i may get there on time...

Anyone in the KW area thinking of going????

Tim
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-14-2017, 05:28 PM
rubber2ice rubber2ice is offline
National Racer
View rubber2ice's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Weston Village, (Toronto)
Posts: 349
Default

Would love to attend but it conflicts with the event at my place for lexan 1/24 cars. It still irks me having that gear failure in Charlies rent a ride last year while out front.

Have fun.

Terry
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-15-2017, 03:27 AM
Pro Stock's Avatar
Pro Stock Pro Stock is offline
Championship Contender
View Pro Stock's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 2,619
Default

Date Change to avoid conflicts...........one week later.

Ron
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-15-2017, 04:33 AM
JohnnySlots's Avatar
JohnnySlots JohnnySlots is offline
National Champion
View JohnnySlots's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock View Post
Date Change to avoid conflicts...........one week later.

Ron
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-15-2017, 06:56 AM
Tim ... Guy's Avatar
Tim ... Guy Tim ... Guy is offline
International Racer
View Tim ... Guy's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 569
Default

Wow good thing i didn't start to walk yet...

Tim
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-16-2017, 10:32 AM
JohnnySlots's Avatar
JohnnySlots JohnnySlots is offline
National Champion
View JohnnySlots's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,280
Default

So we're running both Carrera and Scaley on the same day? Cool!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.